One of my best friends diagnosed last week, 4 days after giving birth to beautiful baby girl...

gattgato

Hi all,

Ony of my best friends is living with her hubby over in Switzerland (she is from London) and was having a tough pregnancy towards full term.

They induced her as they needed to do scans. Unfortunately she has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer - aplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK). The baby is fine and lovely as we all expected :)

I was wondering if anyone else has this that I could speak to to try and understand it more. She has had her first chemotherapy already.

Keeping strong.

Thanks all.

Hello gattgato,

Welcome to the Lung Cancer Support Community message boards. I am sorry to hear that your friend has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I am happy to read that her baby is doing well. There is HOPE. Here is a link to more information about ALK. http://www.lungevity.org/about-lung-cancer/lung-cancer-101/treatment-options/targeted-therapy

Also, here is a response from another member who has experienced ALK:

"I have lung cancer and tested positive for the ALK genetic mutation. I am on an oral therapy. I take a pill twice a day, it's called Crizobnib or Xalkori. It is a fairly new treatment specifically for the ALK mutation. It has shown remarkable success. Minimal side effects!! I really don't even know I am taking it

Please keep posting and letting us know how she is doing. You can also send her the link to join our group in case she has any questions or would like some advice. 

Cindy A.