Lobectomy?? to have not not

cindykdee

Hi M.J.

I have had my lower left lobe removed using the VATS surgery technique and then 7 weeks later had my upper right lobe removed by a thoracotomy. I had mucinous carcinoma with a mass greater than 9cm in the lower left lobe and a 10cm mass in my upper right lobe. I would be happy to discuss the surgeries and my recovery with you. Let me know what questions you have.

RO

Hi Roz, I am in awe of what you have been through. I wonder how you deal with the physical pain from not 1 but 2 surgeries. Im almost 8 weeks out now from my surgery. My swelling has gone way down and physically I am getting stronger. When I walked today, I was able to walk to the top of this hill. When at the top of the hill, I felt like Rocky :  ). I still have this numbness under my left breast.  Do you have a lot of nerve pain? Do you deal with depression? I tell myself, patience is a virtue. Some days are better than others

• 1 year later...

Donna your post is so encouraging! What was the size of your tumor? Did you do adjuvant therapy? Love to hear back 

Archived