New to the forum here

tess_hk78

Hi

I was diagnosed with stage IIIB NSCLC in July of 2013.

I have the ALK mutation, went through chemo and radiation therapy that summer. Some success but had a recurrence in January 2015.

I have been taking Xalkori since March 2015 and am now in complete remission, so as they say - keep taking the 'drugs'.

I have no one I now who knows anything about lung cancer, I live alone, and basically just get on with the stuff of living. I expect folks are tired of hearing about my scans and medication and side effects....

I am planning on attending the Hope Summit in DC in April - and am looking forward to meeting other survivors there.

But I am feeling pretty good - 

Welcome Tess.  Glad you found us. I am so glad that you were tested for the

mutation and are responding so well.   This is a tough disease but many of us

can live a good life.

Please don't hesitate to tell us what is going on, we have been through this and

know it is good to talk to get through it. 

Hope you get to live as l have been fortunate to. 

Keep us posted.

Donna G

Tess,

We never tire of hearing about scans, treatment and side effects.  We understand what you are going through because we've been there and done that.  Wonderful to hear about Xalkori's affect on your ALK translocation.  Molecular profiling is a huge improvement for some of us in the lung cancer community and it looks like you may be one of the fortunate few.

Look forward to meeting you at the DC Hope Summit.

Stay the course.

Tom

Tess,

Welcome to the Lung Cancer Support Community. We will never get tired of hearing about what you are going through. I look forward to meeting you at the DC HOPE Summit as well! Have you registered? There are limited travel grants for new attendees. Here is the link http://lungevity.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=583

Tess, 

Welcome to the Lung Cancer Support Community! I am so happy to hear that you responded so well to Xalkori. I didn't have the mutation and because I have pulmonary fibrosis, I am still waiting on treatments (diagnosed four months ago). I will pray for your continued healing! Actually, hearing about the scans, medications, and side effects is one of the reasons we are all here. We are all here because of the same reason; lung cancer. So, keep on telling your story.