February Meeting of the Fat Cancer Surviviors/Caregivers

Ry

Ok, tomorrow is the first of February, weigh in time for the diet club members. I'll go first :P . Line forms to the right.

Lets see I believe my goal was 13 lbs. I have lost 5. I did however start early before the club was started and lost a few then. I am one size down in jeans!! Yes! Shopping is good! So I have 8 lbs to go.

Good luck to everybody.

Ry,

I'm in line with ya. I've lost 15 since last summer... another, oh, 30 or so to go! How is it that you're down a jeans size and after 15 pounds, I'm NOT? (Could be because I wasn't necessarily always fastening that top button before? Thank goodness for long sweaters...) Still, it feels good to have at least a few pieces of clothing be "loose" instead of "impossible."

My goal is about 3-4 pounds a month... slow, steady and permanent! Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in, and I'm afraid... very afraid. :oops:

BeckyCW

Okay...First the good news. I looked at my weight a year ago when I first stated my desire to lose in my New Year's Resolution: Started at 167. Now at 143. Need to get to 120.

Didn't lose in January, but did get more running in. Except for this past week...nasty chest cold. Just walking around doing chores makes me cough :( .

Goal: 5 lbs. this month. Get running mileage to 20 miles/week.

Well David my husband is partial to redheads also. I vote red. Good for you on the weight loss.

Where is your wife? I have a report she's been seen getting breakfast at Burger King. :roll:

Becky, think it depends where you have the extra weight. Mine is at the waistline/butt so take that much away and voila, new jeans. Holy crap are jeans expensive or what??

I can vouch for Ry. I think I'm losing the battle as I have gained weight about 10 lbs, think it is the predisone and decadron, a little depressing but getting thru it.

Ry is a sweetheart, thought not my wife! DavidA

Dave C,

You are one " WILD AND CRAZY GUY" :D:D:D:D , and funny,

I vote for the red head !! :P:P

Ry, I lost 12 lb's and keep sucking down root beer floats to get it back!! :P:P

good luck and keep burnin the fat!!

God bless and be slim!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hey Ry,

I haven't really gained or lost. My normal weight is 145 and that is what I weigh right now. I was down to 118 about 7 month ago and I looked anorexic. My onc last Friday said I looked good at the weight I was at now and doesn't really want me to loose any weight. I am still in the club and if I go over 150 then I am in trouble. I'm only 5'4" and would start looking a bit pudgy and would have to do something to loose. It seems all I want to do any more is eat. So that's my story and I'm stickin to it... lol

Eating as I type (Chinese Food) :roll:

Karen

Okay, my Sunday morning weigh-in told me what I thought it would... up a pound. Ugh. That's what pasta will do. So this week I get to just try to get back to LAST week's weight... one step forward, two steps back - ha. I could try to claim that since I started working out again last week, that extra pound must be muscle..., but I don't think one workout a pound of muscle makes. :roll:

Ry, I guess my weight is pretty much everywhere, and coming off evenly, but my waist is the worst of it. (Did I say waist? What waist?!) And yes, jeans are DANG expensive.

BeckyCW

Ry,

Will weigh in tonight at the gym. Bathroom scale has been dropped a few times and weighs my 70 pound child at 83 pounds (and HE'S excited about "growing" so I'm not going to change it...he's pretty small for his age).

Sure doesn't feel like I've lost anything, so I'm pretty sure I haven't...gotta lose some soon because my fat jeans are wearing out in the "chub rub" area (Someone PLEASE tell me why when the darn things are SOOOOO comfy the crotch/butt falls out....) and I don't want to INVEST in more fat jeans!

We'll see...diet and exercise...diet and exercise....diet and exercise...oh yea, and maybe cheating with Meridia (and buying that stuff sure gives me less $$ for junk food!)... Time to make an appointment and get the "SUBscription".... :roll:

Becky

PS DavidC - Blondes have more fun, but redheads seem to be taken more seriously.... I plan on chemically altering my head so the blonde 'returns' - I'm TIRED of being expected to think! :wink:

Have lost five pounds here, Ry. Of course, could sit down right now and have a loaf of bread, strawberry shortcake and a half galolon of ice cream! Can you tell I'm one of those carbohydrate addicts that books are written about? I haven't had any bread or sugars in two weeks now!!! When does the craving for carbs start to subside????

Dean,

The same thing can be said of my body. :roll:

Ry,

No gain, no loss, except for a bit of "...structural integrity...". :shock:

Not that I'm going to do this, but if I ever did write one of those "woman seeks male" ads it would go something like this:

54 Model Without the Curves, in need of new engine, transmission, electrical, exhaust and ventilation systems; needs new frame, plus major body repairs. Serious Inquiries only. :)

54 Model Without the Curves, in need of new engine, transmission, electrical, exhaust and ventilation systems; needs new frame, plus major body repairs. Serious Inquiries only. :)

How 'bout:

Sleek 54 model, some body and engine work - could use a little more. Needs coaxing to get started but has been known to run on sheer will power - seeking backyard mechanic and TLC.

Give yourself more credit, girl! On your heart alone you are one CLASSY lady!

xxoo

Becky