New here

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.  My name is Tina and I'm new to Lungevity.  My dad was diagnosed with Stage IV NSCLC in May, 2015.  He passed away February 4, 2016.  I was with him the entire way and did my best to combat each and every symptom as quickly as they arose.  He spent his last 21 days in the hospital and passed away peacefully while holding my hand. 

I hope to make new connections, lend an ear or shoulder and not only offer support, but receive it as well while dealing with the waves of grief. 

Tina

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Tina,

It's lovely of you to offer help to others when you are still so close to your own loss and pain. Your story sounds very much like what a dear friend of mine just went through. After spending several months with dad and having him pass with a lot of family there that last day, she came home in Oct. I know she still has several times when she wants someone to talk to, even when it's about nothing at all. Make sure you c'mon back and let us know how you are doing. We worry about each other here. :-)

God Bless,

Mary