Thank you for the sympathy cards

AnneBurris

To all who have sent sympathy cards to myself or my family - THANK YOU. I lost my mother on December 13th and we received many cards. My father was so amazed at the kindness - he hasn't been to the board so he couldn't understand how I knew so many people, he was touched as was I by your kindness.

It's been over a month now that my mother has passed away. As I have stated before, she and I were very close, I saw her every day. I have been very surprised at how well I have handled her passing. I almost feel guilty for not having more grief. I think I actually did most of my grieving while she was still alive. I cried nearly every day for the 7 months that she lived since her diagnosis. So, I have a hard time understanding why now I seem to have such peace. It's strange, I guess everyone is different. The time that I do cry is when I go to her grave. I think it's because I know I'm standing 6 feet close to her body, but yet she isn't actually "there". So close but yet so far.

I love my mom, and I do miss her. Life is still good and I know that she would want me to be happy. God has really blessed me with His peace. I don't think I would be at peace if I didn't feel secure about obtaining eternal life. If I thought that this time on earth was the only time to be with loved ones I probably would be much more grief stricken right now.

Thank you again for your kind cards. May God bless you.

Love,

Anne

Anne

I have been thinking of you a lot lately and wondering how you were doing. I am so happy to hear you are doing well. I understand how you are feeling, when my Mom passed away several years ago I felt a tremendous peace. I did everything I possibly could for her when she was alive, saw her every day, talked to her on the phone several times a day, took her to her doctors appointments, had her over for dinner all the time so when she died I had no regreats at all. I think that is why you are feeling such peace, you were a wonderful caring daughter and did everything for your mom during her time on this earth Please keep in touch with us on the boards. You have a lot to offer to others who have family members with this disease or who are going though it themselves.

Bess B