INTRODUCE YOURSELF

chris47

Chris,

Welcome aboard.  You've obviously been through treatment - a lot I'd venture with more than a decade of survival under your belt.  I'm still looking for answers also if it is any consolation.  

This is a good place.  Settle in and get to know folks.  Your experience to the newly diagnosed will be invaluable.

Was watching a re-run of The Shawshank Redemption last night.  This was in Andy's letter read by Ned near the end of the movie.  "Hope is a good thing.  Maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies."

Stay the course.

Tom 

Hi Chris,

Welcome to LCSC,congratulations on your survivorship,this brings such hope to many others here,as we say here in Scotland "Lang may yer lum reek"

Hello Chris, welcome.  You are in the state where I was born and raised.  I grew up in Boston but spent the summers

in Marion on Buzzards Bay.  I am glad to hear you are a survivor.   Me too. 

You say you are still looking for answers?    How are you doing?  Please let us know how you are doing and we would

love to help in any way we can.

Donna G

Today is a new day and a blessing for a new start. My PCP has informed  me that the mass on my left lung has grown to 8mm and has advised to seek palliative care. New day new start. Time to look for a new doc. No one told him giving up was not an option. Thank you all for your input

Chris47

Chris,

I am reminded of Paul Harvey's byline: "now you know the rest of the story."  So your tumor is a third of an inch in size and the recommendation is palliative care.  At my advanced age, I can't see a third of an inch even with bifocals, in sunlight, on a good day!  I'd say premature, in the extreme! 

I'd find a medical oncologist.  Maybe this little tumor is in a place where a CyberKinfe can fry it.  There are a multitude of options before palliative care and you need a doctor willing to explore every one.

Report back when you get your second opinion.  In the mean time, stay the course.

Tom

I'm fairly new to this, but my advice is be your own advocate.  Get a second opinion, even a third.  If you aren't ready to give up, find a doctor that isn't.  In recent weeks, I've learned just how many new options are available to us as lung cancer patients and you should have the option to find one that works.  

Stay strong!

Hello

I am a caregiver for my mother.  She has stage 3B lung cancer that was diagnosed in January of this year.  I am looking for a support group for her.  She is not very computer savvy but I will help her with creating an account.  We live in Orange County California.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.