Diagnosed with small cell lung cancer

Glenn

I'm interested in sharing thoughts and treatments concerning SCLC. Diagnosed in March and have been thru 3 cycles of chemo, I'm doing fairly well. The first chemo involved a study drug that gave me a month of diarreaha and hospitalized me with dehydration so I dropped out of the study. Heard about using high frequency treatment to kill microbes in cancer cells. My question - are there microbes in small cell cancer cells?? Has anyone else heard of any cures for this disease? Has anybody survived 2 years having this dreadful disease?

Welcome Glen.  Chemo therapy is tough.  There are a lot of side affects.  Usually there are premeds and others that help make it bearable.

I know nothing about microbes in Cancer cells.  That sounds like a germ or something.

To your other question.  I have a friend who was diagnosed with SCLC 20 years ago. I met her at a lung cancer support group.  She had at least a year of chemo and radiation to the brain as preventative therapy as SCLC frequently spreads there. I just spoke with her on the phone .  She is still with us.  I don't know if they ever told her that she was cured but if your in remission for that long it has got to be very close !

Please keep us posted. 

Donna G

Hello Glen and welcome here.

To your question about using high (assume radio) frequency treatment to kill microbes, I did some searching on the internet.  It didn't take long to find many advertisements that claim to sell devices, some labeled as "research models", that are billed as "groundbreaking medical tools" to kill microbes in cancer cells.  Reading through these advertisements, I noted that none of the devices were approved by the FDA (or FCC - Federal Communications Commission that regulates RF or radio frequency transmitters), and none of the studies suggested in the advertisements were peer reviewed by the medical oncology community.  One of the advertisements suggests "people who are suffering from cancer and other diseases may participate in their own discovery with in-home research into the effects of high radio frequencies." The suspect words in this claim are "may participate", "own discovery" and "in-home research".  These words are just enough legal wiggle room to keep the seller of the device from being sued for fraud. 

I'm not a medical doctor but I am an engineer who has an extensive background in radio frequency.  I worked many years for a company that designs, develops and sells very specialized radio frequency (RF) transmitters, receivers and antennas.  It is possible to generate RF signals that are powerful enough to damage tissue.  But all tissue is damaged, not just cancer tissue, nor "microbes" in cancer tissue (if there are in fact any microbes in cancer tissue). So elementary engineering physics suggests these claims of killing cancer cells or "microbes" in cancer cells with "high RF frequencies" are false.

There are three rules of thumb that I use to judge the effectiveness of an advertised cancer cure.  These are: (i) the drugs, procedures or equipment are not approved by the FDA, (ii) the drugs and treatments are not covered by medical insurance, and (iii) people need to pay large amounts of cash in advance of receiving the advertised drug or treatment.  If any of these are true, I suspect a phony cure.

I've know about many treatments for small cell lung cancer.  I know of people who've received these medically approved treatments who have long tenured survival, many more than 2 years. But, I know of no "cure" for cancer, lung cancer or otherwise.  Cancer is a disease that can be treated but I know of no medical authority that claims a "cure". The cancer community I know is very cautious about using the "C" word.  The term we use is NED or no evidence of disease and in fact that what we seek through treatment.  Cure is something we all pray for but has not yet been discovered.

When diagnosed with lung cancer, time is of the essence.  Steve Jobs, an innovator and superb businessman, was diagnosed with a type of cancer that had good treatment outcomes using conventional FDA approved methods.  Yet, he chose to seek an unapproved homeopathic method, traveling to India to receive his miracle cure.  The year he invested in the miracle cure allowed his cancer to spread to many other organs.  By the time he embraced conventional medicine, his disease was beyond treatment. Here is a news article about it - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8841347/Steve-Jobs-regretted-trying-to-beat-cancer-with-alternative-medicine-for-so-long.html

Lung cancer is a dreadful disease.  However, it is a treatable dreadful disease with methods and drugs that are grounded in medical science and tested in extensive trials to ensure they are safe and effective.  To my knowledge, no high radio frequency device is grounded in medical science as a cancer treatment method (or even fundamental engineering physics) nor is its safety and effectiveness proved by extensive peer reviewed medical studies or trials.  

Stay the course.

Tom

To Donna G. Thank you very much for the very encouraging words. We all need hope!!!

Thank you Tom for your thoughts and opinions! I would like to invite you to read this article and review it- www.cancertutor.com/freqgenerators/. Apparently different frequencies for different microbes and in that they are brought to their harmonic frequency and explode.Now I don't know that any cancer has microbes and if any of this may be true. I certanily would like you take a look at it and give me your thoughts. Thank you!

Glenn

Glenn,

I read the article at your link.  I note it is a product of the Independent Cancer Research Foundation who "bases their research on true science instead of politics."

They describe the device that devitalizes cancer as a High RF Frequency Generator.  RF means radio frequency so perhaps they mean it to be a radio frequency frequency generator.  Just as likely, the person who called the device a RF Frequency Generator didn't understand what RF meant.  I've practiced engineering for 44 years.  No electrical engineer I know would ever use "RF frequency."  To do so would be a display of vast incompetence.  

In one section of the device description they assert the need for a Plasma Tube Amplifier, yet in further description they call this device a Plasma Ray Tube Antenna.  You can look up the physics definitions of plasma and ray.  Suffice it to say one does not cause the other.  Moreover, there is a substantial functioning difference between amplifier and antenna. They don't do the same things.  To imply they do tells me the person writing the technical description neither knows what an amplifier nor antenna is.  This gives me very low confidence that the device even functions let alone cures cancer. 

So I wouldn't purchase a High RF Frequency Generator and Plasma Tube Amplifier (or is it an antenna) for any reason.  I am sufficiently convinced the person designing this method wouldn't know the difference between DC and daylight.  I'm also note that Dr. Royal Raymond Rife discovered this method and it was once known as the Rife Frequency Generator cancer cure.  Wikipedia has it in its list of unproven and disproven cancer treatments.  Check out the Wiki article.  It is pretty comprehensive.

Stay the course.

Tom

Good Morning Glenn,

Just to add to the previous comments,my friend Robert Lowe was diagnosed with SCLC in 1991 given initally two months to live,had his chemo treatments,a severe form which required him to be hospitalised during its administration,on more than one occassion his family was called to his bedside,since his doctors did'nt think he would see the next day.Well to everyones astonishment Robert went on to make a full recovery. Robert about ten years later was then dxd with NSCLC,had surgery and chemo,again made a full recovery, He became the UKs longest survivor of both types of lung cancer (20 years).A couple of years ago Robert was dxd with both stomach and throat cancers,Robert being determined to beat these too,asked for surgery to erradicate these cancers ,due to the reduced capacity of his lungs he failed the lung function test prior to having surgery.Still refused to be beaten,he asked his Doc for more time for him to work on his fitness and diet to have a retest of his lung function.Well he had his retest,he was clocked at a 36% improvement on his previous test,enough to allow surgery to go ahead.His surgery involved two teams,one on his stomach and one on his throat.His surgeries were completely successful,in fact he became instantly a celeb in the medical profession,doctors came to visit him from other hospitals just to chat with him,he gained the nickname Lasarus.During his recovery whilst in his hospital ward,his son phoned me to tell me he had entered Roberts ward at visiting time to find Robert dressing himself,he felt great and thought he would just discharge himself.It took his son a bit of time to persuade Robert to get back to bed and wait for the Doctors to decide when he could be discharged.Sadly Robert took a chest infection that even he did'nt have the strength to fight off.It was my pleasure to give a eulogy on Robert at his funeral.I met Robert initally at the end of my LC treatments when I was still feeling a bit low,concerned about my future survivability,well Robert just picked me up no end gave me the confidence I can beat this desease and here I am nearly 8 years later enjoying a life my Doc originally gave me two years max.Best wishes Glenn that your treatments allow you the success I have experienced. 

Thank you Tom for your time researching the frequency generators! You have opened my eyes and kept my wallet closed! It's good to know that we have good folks helping out on this site!

Also thanks to Eric Byrne to his encouraging story!

Glenn

• 1 month later...