Tim is gone

Anniemac

Tim passed away yesterday, January 31. Very peaceful and quiet. It was my niece's wedding day and he was supposed to be in the wedding. Had the tux, but ended up being too weak to go. He did get a hair cut on Tuesday, but seemed to slide down after that.

His son and daughter and granddaughter came for the wedding (really to see their Dad) and he was able to visit with them a bit. As time for the wedding got closer, I was really torn. Should I go or stay with him? I sat next to him for a couple of hours and talked about our life together and told him it was time for him to go. It was getting harder to breath, but he said he was not in pain. My nephews told me I need to go to the wedding and they would stay by his side. My niece has been like a daughter to us, and had moved her wedding up almost a year because of Tim being so ill.

At the wedding, they started with a prayer to honor Uncle Tim and speed him on his journey. The chair next to me was empty with a white rose on the seat. We went to the reception and within 10 minutes my nephews called and told me to come home. I knew he was gone. My sister and the kids and I came home to be with him.

At the reception they had a minute of silence when the bride and groom arrived and my brother dedicated the father/daughter dance to Tim. Then he came home with bottles of champagne, cake and food for all of us and we ate and toasted Tim, told stories about him and laughed and cried. It was so special to have all my family around me and I think Tim waited for me and the kids to leave so we would not be there when he passed.

Sorry this is so long, but I have not been posting much lately, helping to plan a wedding for 120 people in less than a month and having Tim in hospice took all the time I had.

I want to thank all of you who sent cards to us. It really brightened our days and Tim was surprised by it.

I need to go to bed now, I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you, as always.

Dear Annie

There are no words to say how sorry I am for your loss. To say that Tim is in a better place is little comfort to you now but I think we both know that it is the truth. I pray that you are given whatever you need to get you throught this time of deep sorrow.

When I first posted on this board I was so lost and you were one of the first if not the very first to answer my post. I have thought of you and Tim often. Please come here whenever you feel strong enough..We will all be here for you.. PM me or email me anytime. I will always be here to listen or try to help in any small way that I can.. My heart goes out to you and your family. God bless and look after all of you. Lillian

Dear Annie,

Words seem so inadequate. I am so glad that Tim's family was all there. How important it is to celebrate the life of a loved one. May you find peace and comfort in the days and weeks ahead. Accept my sincerest sympathy.

Please come here as often as you need. We are all here for you.

Love,

Ginny

Dear Ann,

So very sorry for your loss, please rest and take care of yourself and may God provide you comfort and strength in your time of need.

God bless, be well and you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"