Hi im a caregiver for my husband

Melody Curtis

Hi my husband was diagnosed  with stage 4 small cells lung cancer last Aug and as of today hes doing the chemo Optivo and is his last chance. Hes had 20 rounds of chemo on brain and 10 on lungs and several different other kinds of chemo. He goes for a scan tomorrow and we are hoping it is helping some as it has spread thru his whole body Hes been in and out of hospital as hes always dehydrated and wasnt eating as he should, I always lost him once. Its been tough going for all of us but i hate to see the days he suffers. Is there any other help as for as caregivers and help to help with bills other then social services as we dont want that

Hi, Melody,

Welcome to LCSC. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. Here is a link to a list of Practical Resources in LUNGevity's Caregiver Resource Center: https://www.lungevity.org/support-survivorship/support-we-provide/caregiver-resource-center/practical-resources-for-caregivers

Please keep us posted on his scan results tomorrow. You'll be in our thoughts.

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Melody,

My heart goes out to you and your husband.  Lung cancer is devastating and your husband's experience certainly validates the devastation.

You asked if there is help for caregivers and with bills.  Read here about the many resources available for caregivers. You will also note several charitable sources in this information that may be of help.  Please also see potential financial assistance resources here, here, and here.

Also, some towns and communities have faith-based charitable support available.  Even if you are not a member of a religious congregation, ask someone who is.  I've know many religious congregations who provide charitable assistance to cancer patients regardless of affiliation.

Stay connected with us and after you investigate the suggested resources (click on the underlined words), let us know if you have further questions.

Stay the course.

Tom