Last radiation treatment today

TBone

Hi everybody,

I am getting the last of 15 whole brain radiation treatments this morning.I need all your prayers that this will be the one that gets em.I might run over and just crank that zapper up a bit right before all the nurses run and hide. :lol: I am going to try to bring my mask home so we can have fun figuring out to do with it.I am flying out to MD Anderson on Thursday for a second opinion and some tests on Friday.They said they could do everything on Friday so I hope to be back home by Saturday.I know how hospitals work so that may be a bit optimistic.I have no idea what is next and the waiting is going to be the hardest part I think.I can always sit here and bore you all to tears with posts. :wink: I will not know the results of this radiation treatment for a full month.The clinic that I am being treated at here at home is going to do an MRI (I think) 4 weeks from today to get accurate results as to how zapped these boogers got.I know something happened.My hair is gone and I look like I layed on a surfboard in the middle of the ocean way too long.Red as a rose.Most especially my ears.No pain though thank God and I never lost my appetite.My hope is that MD Anderson can come up with a plan that my doctor here agrees with and that if further treatment is warranted it can be done here.I want to be close to my family.I just wanted to update you all.I hope everyone has a blessed day.Keep on praying for us all as I do.Working overtime on that too.TBone

Hello Tbone,

Just sending good vibes and prayers your way.

Have a good visit at Anderson, hope you get answers from

them , they may ask for a repeat to see if the zapping rays

worked, like you said you will see in a month.

Good luck on everything and Hello to the supporting gang.

Hugs

J.C.

t-Bone, I just know the whole head radiation will work for you. Hope you get what you are looking for at M D Anderson. Some here on this board have also gone there.

Even if you head is bald and red, it is not the outside of someone that we look at but the inside and you are a #1 in my book.

TBone,

Hope MD Anderson can line you up with treatment in your local area (or something that you don't have to spend an extended time on your own "re$ource$" in Houston...)

You HAVE booked through the hospital at your hotel, right? Most in the immediate area offer a discount for patients AND a shuttle. MDA is a people zoo, I swear! It's like an ant farm with people inhabitants...LOTS of movement (unless you're waiting....and waiting....and waiting...)

Did I mention, you may want to bottle some patience from those ol' guys down at the local corner store playing checkers...or fishin'... You'll be waiting, but I sure hope YOURS comes to fruitation...

Take care, and CONGRATULATIONS on your southern-fried brain cells! Keep on keepin' on!

Becky

Yahoo TBone;

Glad your done and know what you mean!!! :shock:

It's a snowing up here and the top of my bald head is also glowing!! 8)8) ; Got 6 more to go and some cream for the burn, ouch!! Can't wait to end this. Think I'm gonna do a jello mold with my mask,, sounds like it could be the beginning of a good party and we could certainly use one of those!

Glad your going to MD Anderson, thats a smart move, good luck with getting a solid plan that your comfortable with . Know, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Just wanted y'all to know that T-Bone won't be alone in Houston . . . his wife (Ann), and ViVi and I are all going with him. It takes AT LEAST three women to keep this guy in line!! Teacake and the rest will be holding down the fort back here in Georgia. Seriously, we've got a great couple of contacts out there at MDAnderson, and due to that, I've actually already had two conversations with the doctor he'll be seeing on Friday. She's assured me that they can get everything done on Friday and coordinate treatment with the Georgia oncologist and radiologist, so we'll see.

And yes, we made our hotel reservations through MDAnderson, and are doing all the pre-appt. stuff at the hotel on Thursday.

Y'all please keep praying for us, and know that we're returning the favor.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Hi T-Bone,

I am replying to you on the day you are at MDA. I've been there 3 times this week myself. They definately can get all your tests done today. You will be exhausted by the time you are back in your hotel room. MDA is a 24/7 hospital. I've been there myself until 2 or 3AM for chemo treatments.

I am hoping and praying that the news is all good. Let me know if I can be of any help or if you have any questions about MD Anderson. I talk to people there all the time who are from different states and countries. Alot of them tell me they come to Houston for their monthly assessments, CT scans and such and they work with the doctors in your hometown for your treatments. It will be overwhelming, you will do alot of waiting, but the people there are all great.

Waiting to hear from you,

TAnn