I joined last April!

BobbieA

According to my profile, it seems I joined the forum in April 2016 and then promptly forgot about it.  As I was trying to register yesterday it said my email was already in use so knew I must have already joined.  Finally was able to change my password so I'm back.  I'm a 77 year old female dx with Stage 4 NSCLC in December 2015.  I live in a small town in northern Michigan with my husband of 58 years.  We have two children and two grandchildren. 

Hi, BobbieA,

Welcome (back) to LCSC! I hope that you make many meaningful connections with other patients/survivors, caregivers, and advocates in this online community. Please feel free to explore the discussion boards and blogs and join in on any conversations that resonate with you. This is a great place to ask questions and get answers from patients/survivors with similar experience. And please let us know if there are any specific resources or support that you need and we'll be happy to help!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Bobbie,

So good to hear from you. Are you in the UP? I ask because I live in NE WI. We are pretty close to the UP.

What treatment are you on? I started out with afatinib and am now on Tagrisso. Initially I had severe side effects on the Tagrisso so I had to stop it for a while. I am back on it now and "so far so good" .

I was very surprised when I was diagnosed with stage 4 as I wasn't feeling ill except for a couple weeks before diagnosis. Was your experience similar?

Lydia

Hi Bobbie,

Welcome back! I hope we make a better impression this time so you don't forget us so fast this time
[emoji41]
You and your man have been married longer than I've been breathing! Congrats on that as well as the kids & grand kids. I have 3 grand children now by 3 kids. A fourth is on the way from the couple who gave us the first one. So far the two older ones are girls. 1 turned 3 later November the next will be 3 on Valentine's Day. The boy just turned 2 the end of October.

If I'd have known grand children were this much fun, I would have had them first!

Hehehe. I didn't make that up, it's on the license plate is have on the front of my truck.

Come back soon!
Mary

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi BobbieA,
I was born and raised in SE Michigan, but I love the UP. I'm in Ohio now, and I love it here too. I'm a "young 56", with 3 kids and 7 grandkids (yes, really. 7)! I also have stage 4 nsclc, which was a recurrence from a stage 3b. I'm not giving up though. I'm going to fight this with all I've got! I wish you the best!

Michelle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome Bobbie!

I was most fortunate to be stationed in Michigan while stationed at the Tank-Automotive Command in Warren for a total of 9 years during my Army career.  It is indeed a wonderful state and I relish the memories of fishing for native brown trout along the west bank of the Sturgeon River near Wolverine in Cheboygan County.  

I am sorry I missed your first post.  My wife and I felt the need to take a vacation from lots of family stuff and embarked on a last minute Panama Canal cruise.  We are now home rested and recovered and happy we had a wonderful vacation enjoying that "last minute" cruise fare discount.

I'm starting at the bottom of a long list of unread content trying to catch up.  So my welcome response will be brief.  You'll have lots of questions and concerns.  This is a good place to address both.  Many of us are long tenured survivors having started with your diagnosis and endured treatments, side-effects, and recurrence.  I firmly believe three things.  My attitude towards treatments contributed to outcomes.  Hope is a good thing, and if I can live, so can you.

Stay the course.

Tom