Hope Summit, Washington DC

BridgetO

Is anybody else going to the Hope Summit in DC in April? I decided to go since I'm planning to be on the east coast at that time anyway. I'm hoping to be able to meet in person some of the good folks I've been communicating with on this forum.

Hi Bridget,

Yes, I will be there. It is my first year, but I have heard so many wonderful things about it! I haven't posted much here, but I plan to interact more. I hope to meet you in DC! 

Hi to Katie,Nicole, Rose, and Melissa! Thanks for your replies. I am looking forward to meeting you! Closer to the time of the conference I'll put up my full name and also I'll try to get my picture up (haven't been able to figure out the pic thing so far), so that you can recognize me.   

My sister and I will be there! I'm new to the forums but this will be my third year attending the hope summit. I was dx in April 2014 with stage IV NSC Adeno. Hope to see you there,.. If you see us (we are twins) make sure to say hi! 

Unfortunately, I cannot make the national hope summit.  We have a schedule conflict.  But, I will be at the DFW Breathe Deep event in November 2017.  I'll try and make my first national summit next year.

I've been to a regional summit and report it was an uplifting and healing experience.  As a community of lung cancer survivors, we are small and our struggles are not well understood.  Therefore being surrounded by fellow lung cancer survivors who are celebrating life was, for me, a thrilling experience.  I'm sure the national summit with survivors from all over the world will more that replicate the spirit and fellowship I experienced at a regional summit.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Bridget, I'm going again, last year was my first year.  I was dx Feb 2016 stage IV NSCLC Adeno.  After starting treatment March 2016 going to the Hope Summit was the best thing I did for myself.  I met so many wonderful people plus it was amazing to find out there is hope with living with LC. After the summit I joined the Lungevity FB groups which ended up being my go to for side effects etc. And since I met so many in the groups at the summit just made them more special to me  ? Look forward to meeting you too!

• 3 years later...

When is the next HOPE summit as cancelled this year due to coronavirus I would like to attend I’m stage 4 lung cancer my sixth year and still fighting

love karein

Hi Karein,

There will be some internet based virtual events this year the weekend beginning August 2. Details haven't been announced yet. Keep in touch on these forums and on the main Lungevity site  lungevity.org . I expect we'll hear something soon. There will probably be an in-person event in August 2021, coronavirus permtting.

Bridget O

Archived