Idea............

Angie Daughter of Bill

As I was waiting in the imaging center on Monday, I overheard two ladies talking. (They are cancer patients) They were talking about the weight that they had lost during treatment. They both needed some new clothes, but did not want to spend the money for smaller sizes because they are assuming that after chemo, they will gain some weight. They said they couldn't really afford it. One lady said she needed a size one. My daughter has lots of size ones that she can't wear...............well my wheels started turning.........does anyone know if there is a place that cancer patients can get clothing at no charge..........an outreach program of some kind??? Wouldn't it be wonderful if patients could go in and get the clothing that they need.............no charge for them. It would be a huge undertaking.....getting clothes donated, etc., but maybe that would be a good way to channel some of this anxiety that I have. If any of you know of an organization like this, please let me know. At the very least, I have clthing that can be donate. God bless!

Angie,

My suggestion would be to call a social worker at the hospital/cancer center and find out if indeed there already is some kind of "swap shop" for clothing - and if there isn't, you may gather some information from that person...

Becky