Hello, just joined

Carlrb

Hi Carl and welcome here ....i understand how you feel but youve come to a great site here and will learn a lot from other members so ask any questions and you will get answers from long term people that have been where you are .

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hi Carl,

Yes, getting the diagnosis does freak one out. I was diagnosed 18 months ago and even though It was stage 4, it doesn't freak me out any more. The treatments have been amazing and am now enjoying life more than ever. I hope and pray you have a similar experience. Do you know what mutation you have?

Lydia

Thanks Mally and Lydia. I'll be doing a lot of reading. As far as mutation, I'm still a bit in the dark on that. I have an appointment with the oncologist May 4 in which I'll be asking a lot of questions.

Good morning, Carl.  Sorry about your diagnosis but glad you are here.  There are so many long term survivors on here - they are full of great information, experience, and perspective.  The cancer diagnosis is overwhelming and scary but all of us have been in your shoes.  If you'd like to share any details (staging, type, treatment plans), we'd love to hear from you and we might be able to offer some information.  Please let us know how we can help you navigate the lung cancer world.

1 hour ago, skmcornett said:

Good morning, Carl.  Sorry about your diagnosis but glad you are here.  There are so many long term survivors on here - they are full of great information, experience, and perspective.  The cancer diagnosis is overwhelming and scary but all of us have been in your shoes.  If you'd like to share any details (staging, type, treatment plans), we'd love to hear from you and we might be able to offer some information.  Please let us know how we can help you navigate the lung cancer world.

Thank you

Carl,

You are a far better man than I.  I was extremely freaked out about my diagnosis!

As you feel more comfortable, tells more about your diagnosis and treatment plan.  Many of us have been where you are now and we are still around.  So revealing your stage, type and treatment plan may give us an opportunity to communicate our insight and experience.  Till then:

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Carl
I'm also newly diagnosed and freaked out off and on also. It comes and goes. Being a part of this forum has been a great help. Have received hope, info, and the company of those who have stood where we're standing. Hope I can give back and share also one of these days. Happy to see you here.
Judy M

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi, Carl,

Welcome to LCSC. I am glad to see that you've met several of our members already. This site is a great place to share your experiences and learn from others experiences and connect with people who are also living with a lung cancer diagnosis. If you have any questions before your appointment next month, please feel free to share them in the forums. Tom also writes an excellent blog for this site.

If you are looking for resources on a particular topic, I am happy to help. LUNGevity's Lung Cancer 101 site is a great place to start.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Welcome, Carl. Being freaked out is normal, at least at first. This site is a good place to get information and support. As  others have said, if you feel comfortable, share details of your diagnosis and those who have similiar experience will probably chime in.  Best of luck to you. Hang in there!

Bridget