Hello my name is Tony I'm a new Member

Tony

Well my friends it’s was 2 year ago I was diagnose with stage 3A Squamous cell carcinoma lung cancer, after 5 months of chemotherapy and 33 day of radiation I went into remission 3 months later i had a Pet-Scan to fine out that my cancer had metastasize from my lungs to my sacral bone, presently I am on Opdivo  I already did 31 infusion 

Welcome Tony!

We share a diagnosis -- Squamous cell.  And, we both had good results from our first line treatment:  chemotherapy and radiation.  You experienced no evidence of disease (NED) for 3 months, and I went through surgery to remove my right lung.  Then we both had a recurrence, yours to bone and mine to my remaining lung.  Our difference is in timing.  My active treatment was 2004 through 2007 while you are in treatment now with Opdivo: an immunotherapy drug that has demonstrated success in treating Squamous cell lung cancer. Here is some information on immunotherapy (click the down arrow on immune checkpoint inhibitors) for a good explanation on how Opdivo works.

So while there is no joy in lung cancer treatment, there is available joy in the extra life treatment often yields.  I hope Opdivo is working for you and if it is, that you are enjoying that extra life.

Stay the course.

Tom

Tony,

So sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult process. It seems this diagnosis is one of ups and downs along with severe abrupt turns! My only suggestion is "hang on for the ride". I have stage 4 and it has been a roller coaster ride but I'm in a good place now so am enjoying it for as long as it lasts. Please keep hope and faith in positive outcomes.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Best Wishes,

Lydia

Hi, Tony,

Welcome to LCSC. I hope that you make many meaningful connections with other members on this site. This is a great place to ask questions and get support. Tom has already provided links to information about immunotherapy and checkpoint inhibitors. I am happy to help you find additional resources and support. Please feel free to post any questions or join some of the ongoing conversations in the discussion boards.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation