surgery scheduled

Well went to surgeon on Thursday. Scheduled for right upper lobectomy on May 31. he plans to biopsy some lymph nodes also. He states I am stage 1 at this time. He stated that may change when he does surgery. I had a really bad weekend. Just didn't feel well and was really down. Today has been better. I guess that is how it will be. Oh he will be doing video assisted surgery.

Cancer is never a good thing but you caught it in it's earliest stages when it is easier to treat. The VATs surgery is what I had done. My surgeon was excellent I was out of the hospital in Three days (would have been two but my boss bottomed out) and taking nothing but Tylenol for pain after the second day. When I got home I slept in my recliner a couple of nights and didn't wear a bra for about a week. If you have to cough hold a pillow tight to your chest it will make it less painful. I won't lie I was sore for about a week but nothing unbearable. I know we all respond differently but I just know you are going to Ace this and be back up and running in no time. I am lifting you in prayer. Everything is going to be alright.

Brenda, you will have good days and bad days, highs and lows. Just stay in the moment don't let your thoughts run away with you. When you feel good enjoy every minute and when you don't take a time out to baby yourself. When you feel up to it keep busy that will keep your mind from going to those dark places. I hope this day is a good one?

Brenda,

Glad to see you have a plan in place and that your surgeon will be able to perform the less-invasive procedure.  I think it's normal for the surgeons to biopsy lymph nodes; those little buggers like to spread cancer cells so I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours are clear.  

As for feeling down, I get it.  Once I had surgery scheduled and realized just how sick I really felt, I was just down.  I didn't know I had cancer prior to surgery; in fact, a biopsy performed during a bronchoscopy indicated just the opposite.  I think we just run on adrenaline for so long when this process starts that we do wear down once we can stop and catch our breath.  There are so many moving parts to this with surgery and treatment and tests and scans.  It can be overwhelming but don't let it get you down.  You have an early stage diagnosis and that is a good thing.

Keep us posted.  

Thanks so much for your responses. It really helps to know that there are others who really understand and I can talk to. I have felt bad the last week. The weather here has been windy & rainy. My allergies are all flared up & cough is worse. I just stayed in this weekend & rested. I have felt better today. Just trying to stay positive and be ready for surgery. My pulmonologist is going to do a referral to oncology so they will be on board if needed. I pray you all continue to do well & I appreciate your prayers.