Father diagnosed with 3A back in February. Follow up tomorrow. .

VirginiaTim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim,

I am thinking of you and your family. I hope you can build some happy memories with your dad as he rests from his hard battle. May you and your family find peace.

For what it's worth,  both of my grandparents were on hospice (my grandpa for something like 6 years) and it was a very positive experience. 

Take care,

Steff

• 1 month later...

Sadly, my father passed yesterday morning. Words cannot express how much I am going to miss him. I have so many questions and feelings especially wondering if I did enough to help him fight this disease. Once again, I thank you all for your help and support. 

i'm sorry for the loss of your father. Looking back through your posts, It looks like you did everything possible for him. That's what we can do-- we can't control the outcome.  Please don't second guess yourself.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I think Bridget said exactly what I was thinking. I read back through your post and you did everything you could. 

Take Care

Paula

Tim, we’re so very sorry for your loss. Our hearts go out to you and your family. We’ll continue to be here for support if you need it.

When I was trying to think of what to say to you, I came across this article.

I hope that her words inspire you to show yourself compassion while you’re grieving for your dad and that you come to realize that you did everything with love and with his best interests in mind. 

With gratitude,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived