Drug Assistance

JanWilson

Wondering if folks here can help with advice on drug copay assistance for Xalkori.  Even with insurance it would be costing my mother roughly $4,500/month.  We need some help -- I don't know many people who can afford that so easily.  I see that there are many drug assistance programs out there but I don't know how they help people or if they help people who do have insurance and are not completely destitute (she has small investments, but doesn't own a home or anything substantial she can borrow against).  Is she just supposed to put this on credit cards? How do others do it.  Any advice deeply appreciated! 

Hi Jan,

I've used three different drug assistance programs and all three were run by the pharmaceutical company.  All I had to do was apply, send in the paperwork and my co-pay was drastically reduced.  Try the Xalkori assistance website.

The other resource I've used is the hospital's support staff.  The hospital I go to has a staff person who is familiar with various copay assistance programs.  She was the one that has introduced me to the various Pharma programs.

Hope this helps.  These drugs can cost an arm and a leg,

Shalom,

Julie

13 hours ago, JanWilson said:

Wondering if folks here can help with advice on drug copay assistance for Xalkori.  Even with insurance it would be costing my mother roughly $4,500/month.  We need some help -- I don't know many people who can afford that so easily.  I see that there are many drug assistance programs out there but I don't know how they help people or if they help people who do have insurance and are not completely destitute (she has small investments, but doesn't own a home or anything substantial she can borrow against).  Is she just supposed to put this on credit cards? How do others do it.  Any advice deeply appreciated! 

Check with her oncologist they should be able to get her signed up