Small cell

Michele

Pegi & Michele,

I was tattooed on just the front of my chest.  Was told it was used to align the machine to my tumor.  Perhaps Rog needs to reposition during radiation and the second tattoo is for repositioning.  That is just a guess.  I really don't know.

Michele - don't feel bad about rambling.  We understand.  

I really don't know how my wife got through all my treatment mayhem but both of you ladies are doing the Lord's work and I'm sure your husbands appreciate it.  My wife and I now laugh at my antics but during treatment I was barely hanging on (like a cat hanging on a limb with one claw), but Martha ensured I stayed the course.

So, stay the course.

Tom 

Michele,

STRONG ....... OH heck no. I have a support system in FL of all places. And they are my family They are the pushing winds behind me. Our kids are here and they help somewhat. I try to keep them away from Lees family because they would go ballistic with them. Had my son tell me the other day my inner witch needed to quit hiding. Of course he used other words. He was right. She is no longer hiding and I fell SOOOOOO much better. you have nothing to fear but fear itself. The problem with any cancer is the UNKNOWNS. You have no control it does. People will tell you a lot of stuff and most of them in his family need a reality check.

Your husband made it to 6:30. I am impressed. Lee gets up around 6 am and is back in bed by 5:30 or 6 pm.

Take care of you first otherwise you wont be there for him. You matter too!

HUGS!

Peg

Hello :: well I thought we would have a chill out weekend things were going good since last day of chemo ; but last night we spent 5 hours in ER. My husbands blood pressure dropped to low.he wound up dehydrated and very low magnesium levels. With fluids and all they sent us home. Then he had diarea all night and morning.he is better now just worn out.i cant imagine how he will be with next round of chemo with radiation.I'm praying no matter what he stays the course and not quit. Question: I was told they don't stage small cell? It is either limited or advanced. ; but yet many people say stage 3 ;4 etc. I don't know what stage except limited. Tomorrow is MRI on the brain.I pray that is clean. Thanks for listening..Michele

Michele,

I also understand small cell is staged at limited and advanced. The correlation with NSCLC is limited is roughly IIIA or lower. 

Dehydration is unfortunately a chemo side effect I know a lot about. Watch for muscle cramping because of low magnesium. This can come in waves. I still take 1,000 mg a day of magnesium to tamp down cramping. 

Hope for a clean MRI. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Michele, Any news on the MRI yet? We have had a week of Dr visits and of course FAMILY. Lees rectal fissure is really screaming now. Had a visit to oncologist yesterday and his 1st ?? was why are you in a wheelchair. I busted out laughing. He does not get the butt problem causes his pain level to fly from a 3 to a 9 in seconds. And walking sets it off. Then he says we need to get this problem taken care of...... YOU THINK! 

We meet with our primary care Dr. tomorrow. He will push for fixing the problem. Round 3 next week for chemo. Then they will wait 7 days to do a CT scan to see if it is shrinking or moving. i look at our schedule for the past month and just cringe and people wonder why I really would like a few QUIET days. And the coming schedule is not much better. And yes I am tired BUT I keep putting one foot in front of the other. The main concern is Lee and making sure he is as comfortable as he can get.

Take Care,

Peg

Peg won't know about MRI for a couple days.oh I hope Lee gets fixed that is so painful then have to go through another round of chemo. I pray that it is doing its job and shrinks everything. Yes all these appointment wear your then when u don't have one your ( I) to tired to do anything else.  Good luck at primary hope he does something before chemo. Thinking of you....

Peg won't know about MRI for a couple days.oh I hope Lee gets fixed that is so painful then have to go through another round of chemo. I pray that it is doing its job and shrinks everything.Peg this is Thursday I thought my reply went thru anyway how is Lee .did your doctor resolve problem with his fissures? I'm praying for the both of you.!! 

Michele,

Any news on the MRI?

We are OK just both exhausted. His rectal fissure is wreaking havoc on both of us. I love all these little side effects. We start Round 3 next Tuesday, Wed, Thurs. Dr appt on Monday and Neulasta injection on Friday. By the time Friday rolls around we both ought to be blithering idiots. I have already told family NO VISITS at all next week or next weekend. Our kids are allowed BUT they come down and help out. Everyone else parks their butt and refuses to leave. 

Have a CT scan scheduled for Aug 17th to see if this is doing anything. We will cross that bridge when it gets here.

Take Care,

Peg

Peg I have no info yet on MRI I called 3 × today. That's the VA for ya. We start round 2 the 16th  17 18th with radiation I think. He gets pets can this Monday. I wish u the best on the following week and if I don't hear from you I will understand.  I will be thinking of you both and praying .

Michele,

Well it has been a BAD week. Went to colon rectal Dr on Monday. She scheduled out patient surgery for tomorrow so she could knock him out to see what is going on. Got new insurance cards in mail yesterday. Called them to update ins and they promptly cancelled everything. They do not accept new ins. Meanwhile she had me cancel and reschedule his chemo appt for this week and move them to next week. I have had enough BS. If the pain continues to worsen, which it is I am taking him to ER. Someone has to do something soon.

Ain't Obamacare just great! NOT!!!!!

Peg

Peg that is horrible especially because Lee is in such pain.its so easy for insurance co to take your money but when something like this its a crime.yes I would take him to er. So sorry you are going thru this. Sincerely Michele

Michele, 

Trip to ER had him admitted and resting comfortably last night for the fist time in months. They gave him morphine for pain. It was amazing to watch his face and body relax. He is scheduled for the surgery today and when I asked who  the surgeon was they named the Dr that cancelled all of his treatment. Lee and I both just started laughing. Seems she will take payment from hospital for services just will not take our insurance. Pretty bad when health care has come to this.

On top of everything else we go thru on this journey we do not need more BS handed to us on a plate. I have been bad also. I did not call his family to tell them anything about this. Before I left the hospital last night I fessed up to Lee. His reply was do not call them. And I am OK with that one. have to be back to hospital by 8 am. Still do not know when he is scheduled for procedure.

Any results on that MRI?

Hugs & prayers,

Peg

Peg a big hugs and prayers for you and Lee! Today.hopefully there will be no more pain after this surgery.I was able to imagine his face with no pain after reading your note and it was beautiful! Let me know how he is later OK?!  Doctors hmmm u know they never even called or returned calls on his results. I went myself to pick up his results on MRI .and what I could read he is clean!!! Monday was pets scan  and I hope they call on that.yes have Lee write a note that he said not to call family.that's what my husband did.; then they can't give u a harder time blame game. Well Peg its 2 minutes to 8 am prayers your way oxox.   Michele

Michele,

Today was rough. They did find a fissure and with chemo it will take a LONG time to heal. I finally got him home and settled in for the night hopefully. Right now he needs sleep and rest. They gave him enough meds to choke a horse. i HAVE A LOT OF READING TO DO TOMORROW!

Well the settled in did not work, He is back down in his chair and in pain. Will keep you posted.

Peg

Peg did they give you any oiments like lidacane or nitrogylcerine.warm baths.? Or anything.oh I feel bad for both of you. Try to get some rest too talk soon

Michele, 

Well we had a rough night after coming home. Spent most of yesterday napping, snoozing & eating. They gave him all kinds of stuff and I think I have it all scheduled and lined up for times during the day. He is somewhat better than before. The pain meds  are helping with that. 

The only way I good get him to finally settle down the other night was to take the heating pad and put a warm hot towel on it and let him sit on it. And trust me we tried everything else. He was able to get it all settled down again and back in bed for about 4 hrs sleep. Needless to say we both spent yesterday napping. Last night was good. We both got some much needed sleep. Seemed kinda stupid to wake him up @ 1 am to give him a pain pill but it had to be done. He went back to sleep.

I have to tell you the Dr came at me in the pre-op room about my insurance. She was not nice and quite frankly I could care less. Someone must have handed her head to her on a plate. She was not happy. Last thing I need is a DR with a bad attitude. He has to have follow up in 2 weeks BUT I will not take him to her. I will call the insurance co and see who else is in the area from our networks. She was out of network approved. All her staff had to do was call and get the authorization #. Insurance is bad enough now days and this was just BS!.

How are things going with you guys? I am so glad the MRI was clean. Have a great day!

Hugs & prayers,

Peg

Michele,

How are you both doing?

We have a Dr. appt this morning with our family Dr. Hopefully he can adjust his pain meds because what they gave him is not working. Since I brought him home on Thursday evening I think the most sleep either one of us has managed is 4 solid hours which is better than nothing. He starts Round 3 tomorrow for chemo. The cough is already creeping back in. Not good.

One step at a time.

Hugs & prayers,

Peg

Hi Peg today is better than sat Sunday spent in hospital due to fever .wed starts chemo .what does the cough mean? ; my husband starting to have cough .not one of his doctors called to explain MRI or pets can I had to go and pick up report.really upset about that. Good luck today hope they relieve his pain  prayers your way. Michele