Question?

Michele

Michele,

I don't know for sure.  I've had recent dialogues with other small cell folks on the "Introduce Yourself" and the "Share Your Story" parts of the forum.  I can't recall who and when but if you scan through those sections, starting with "Introduce Yourself", you'll discover the threads.

We don't abide by a strict policy of having people post in any certain place in this forum.  Any place will do.  Also, SCLC is a small population of all diagnosed types -- I believe about 15-percent.

Stay the course.

Tom  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Michele,

Tom is right - small cell lung cancer only accounts for about 15% of all lung cancers. Are you looking for specific information or do you have a question about SCLC? If so, I can reach out to some of our members and encourage them to respond in this thread.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

I guess I like to know if there are any limited stage small cell survivors who made there 5 year mark .or 3 year  4 year or longer. I'm am haunted on what the statistics say. I'm really internally having a hard time coping with fear for my husband. Next week is 2 nd round of chemo and radiation .I guess I just need some hope from someone out there who is a long time survivor of this horrible cancer; maybe I would be able to sleep better or fake more smiles.thank you for listening. 

Hi, Michele,

I will reach out in our community and encourage all members with SCLC to respond in this thread. Please hang in there. We are here for you!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

• 5 months later...

Michelle, 

My Mother was diagnosed SCLC Oct. 2013, - had a lobe of her left lung removed, lymph nodes tested negative, no other signs of disease.  No radiation, preventative chemo.  Cisplatain and Etoposide 3 days a week every 28 days for 6 cycles.  Follow up scans every 3 months after chemo ended.  Jan. May 2016 scan showed 2 small tumors in right lobe.  Biopsy confirmed cancer, this time NSCLC.  Targeted Radiation to tumor and one lymph node.  Follow up scans showed one tumor responded, other tumor did not respond.  Followed tumor with scans only until May 2017.  Rcvd. 2nd does of targeted radiation to said tumor.  Still no response.  Will be starting chemo 1 day a week for 2 weeks, off one week, cycles next week.  Her quality of life over these years has been great!  Lives by herself.  Goes into her daughters business daily to help.  Hoping for same as treatment continues.  She is 79.  Keep on keeping on!  One day at a time. So there is always hope!❤️❤️❤️

Hi DSShopper,

Wow, your mom is  a real trooper!  Thanks for telling us about her experience with both kinds of cancer.  Stories like hers really do inspire  hope. How are you doing? Best wishes to you both.

Bridget O

Archived