just found out

bes

We just found out Friday that my husband has stage 4 squamous lung cell cancer; this is much harder than I though it would be. I was ready for the diagnosis or so I thought

but it has hit me like a ton of bricks today.

Hi bes,

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. It's normal to feel liike you've been hit by a ton of bricks (or run over by a truck). I don't think there's any way to adequately prepare for this diagnosis.  Welcome to this forum. Whatever you're going through, you'll probably find someone who's been through something similar. Nobody is the same, but you'll probably find enough in common to find support and hope. Keep posting and hang in there.

Bridget O

Hi, Bes.  I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis.  It's overwhelming and frustrating and scary all at once.  Thankfully, though, we're seeing increased treatment options now that provide hope and extend life for so many.  There are numerous long-term survivors on this forum.  Please let us know how we can support you and your husband through this.

Hi, bes,

I am sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. We are glad that you've joined this forum. This is a great place to connect with other caregivers and talk to survivors who have experience navigating a lung cancer diagnosis. Please feel free to explore the message boards, ask questions, and join in on the conversations. I am also happy to provide additional resources and information about LUNGevity's Support programs. Please do not hesitate to reach out!

We are here for you.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--