Results of scan done 2/2

kimblanchard

We are experiencing yet another winter storm. I don't remember such a consistently cold snowy winter as this. Thank God my radiation was during the summer. Anyhow the radiation oncologist called but when I returned her call I got the nurse. bottom line is no major changes since last time except the pneumonitis apparently is gone. She said the nodule that was 1 cm prior to radiation is now 6mm. I had hoped for 0 but am thankful for shrinkage.The liver, pancreas, gallbladder, and adrenal glands look ok.Recommend another scan in 3 months. I am still full of qestions so changed my apppointment from this morning to Fri the 13th which happens to be my birthday but first time I can get in. Today they are advising people to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary due to blinding snow which will be about 9 inches on top of the ice snow mix left over from Sat and Sun.

I guess I really don't understand if the radiation didn't get it all, what should I expect. I wonder if it will increase in size again or matastisize or should I be having chemo which they haven't mentioned.

We are ready for spring but may decide to go on a cruise to enjoy the sun and water since we aren't seeing much sn lately.

Hi Bonnie!

Congrats on your good check-up :) and it certainly does sound real good to me. Shrinkage is the direction we want!! :)

And boy can I relate on the winter !! :shock: Think if I were you, I'd be scheduling the cruise, time for a celebration!

God bless and stay well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hi Bonnie

From one Bonnie to another, you do have good news! Shrinkage is a good thing!! I wish you would send some of that weather down here to us. We have had such a dud for a winter this year. I love the snow and every year I keep my fingers crossed that we get a really big snow storm. I'm afraid that won't happen this year, but there is always next year!

Take care and may God bless you and your family.

Bonnie and Howard

Bonnie,

Congratulations on your scans. \This is great news. Praying for continued good scans and news...

Fay: I hope I am not asking a dumb question. Does scar tissue absorb into a person's system? Does it eventually disappear? What is a NEOTECT scan? Thanks for your help. You have so much knowledge regarding this disease...

Blessings and Prayers for all...

Karen