First 6-month scan--good news!

LexieCat

Had my first post-op scan (surgery in early July) last week, followed by visit to oncologist for results.  Whole appointment lasted about 5 minutes (I really didn't have any questions).  To his credit, he walked in, asked how I was feeling, and immediately said, "Well, everything looks GREAT here--exactly what we like to see."  If there's ever a time you don't want the dramatic pause...

He mentioned the two remaining nodules that have been present from day one, unchanged--they will, of course, continue to keep an eye on them, but I've been told the majority of nodules are harmless.  Hopefully they got the ONE that was not.  So my next appointment is in June.

I was thinking I wouldn't be too worried about the scan, given how early mine was caught and how small it was still (I was staged 1b because the pathologist believed there was a pleural invasion--which my surgeon disagreed with, but the pathologist won that argument).  I had the option of chemo, but my oncologist supported my decision to hold off for now (as recommended by my surgeon).

So nice to have this taken care of before the holidays!

Sorry I haven't been around much these past few months, but I do read every now and then and am rooting for us all!

Teri

13 hours ago, LexieCat said:

Had my first post-op scan (surgery in early July) last week, followed by visit to oncologist for results.  Whole appointment lasted about 5 minutes (I really didn't have any questions).  To his credit, he walked in, asked how I was feeling, and immediately said, "Well, everything looks GREAT here--exactly what we like to see."  If there's ever a time you don't want the dramatic pause...

He mentioned the two remaining nodules that have been present from day one, unchanged--they will, of course, continue to keep an eye on them, but I've been told the majority of nodules are harmless.  Hopefully they got the ONE that was not.  So my next appointment is in June.

I was thinking I wouldn't be too worried about the scan, given how early mine was caught and how small it was still (I was staged 1b because the pathologist believed there was a pleural invasion--which my surgeon disagreed with, but the pathologist won that argument).  I had the option of chemo, but my oncologist supported my decision to hold off for now (as recommended by my surgeon).

Sorry I haven't been around much these past few months, but I do read every now and then and am rooting for us all!

Teri

Im so happy for your news and i hope i get the same on thursday for my 6mth post chemo

Oh, and I didn't quite finish my thought up there--I was THINKING I wouldn't be too worried, but I didn't sleep great for the couple of weeks before the appointment.  Been busy with other, regular life stuff, and all of a sudden I had to think about IT.  It wasn't horrible, more like sort of a low-level anxiety--I felt lighter than air walking out of the doctor's office.  

On 11/12/2017 at 4:54 AM, LexieCat said:

Teri

Good to hear and great news just before xmas ..

Archived