Biopsy results

Mally

Went to my dr today to get a referal for my oncologist appointment which is next wednesday and biopsy results said a recurrence in a lymph node and possible in a second and that its likely ill have radiotherepy / chemo treatment but if pet scan shows mets to distant places this thursday then probably just get palliative chemo ...from someone that had curable nodules jan 2017 to reading that im in a saddened shock so can anyone give me some positive thoughts on this please ?

Mally,

First of all, if the doctor you are speaking to is not your oncologist, I would acknowledge it but not dwell on it.  Oncologists are experts in their field for a reason.  Second, palliative care can be prescribed/given at any point during the lung cancer process; it is simply to provide relief from the symptoms and stress of the lung cancer.  It is not the same as hospice (end of life) care. 

Now, on to the recurrence and possible mets.  My primary tumor was diagnosed during surgery but my mets tumor was not diagnosed until I had finished my first round of chemo.  I had mets to my thyroid (which is very rare) AND I had a separate thyroid cancer nodule.  I had my thyroid removed.  In 2017, a recurrence was found in my lymph nodes in my chest.  I had radiation and chemo and have since had a clear CT and clear PET.  So, until your doc, a second opinion, and a third opinion (if necessary) tell you there is nothing further that can be done, there is something that can be done.  There are so many treatments and investigational drug trials going on right now.  The most important thing is to stay positive.  Your attitude is a huge part of your success.

We're here for you, Mally.

Thankyou Susan that made me feel a bit more positive and its the waiting game that is the worst and i think when they start some treatment ill feel better.. did you have the new type of radiotherepy treatment on your lymph node ?

Well my pet scan day is almost here infact 17 hrs time ...i just wish oncologist was the next day instead of next wednesday ....i was reading a forum yesterday and someone wrote that if youve had carboplatin previously for treatment that you cant have it again ? Susan and Tom i think you have had it more than the 1st time treatment ? Is that right ? 

Does anyone who has had a lobectomy still feel discomfort when yawning or taking a deep breath in one year after surgery ? 

I do, and it's honestly the ONLY discomfort I have.  I'm actually, I guess, more like 7 months out.  I feel it when I have a sharp intake of breath, for the most part (as when I'm about to sneeze).  It's really a slight twinge, and not really troublesome.  I wouldn't call it "pain"--just sort of a sharp TWINGE.

Does anyone who has had a lobectomy still feel discomfort when yawning or taking a deep breath in one year after surgery ? 

Thanks LexieCat and i agree its a twinge type of pain and short lived but just a reminder of what caused it in the first place ..

Archived