CT Results

Susan Cornett

I had my first CT of the year on Tuesday and received the results today.  There is a 5 mm nodule in my lower left lobe; this is the lung in which my primary tumor was found.  Super Doc wants to take another look at it in 90 days.  He said it may be something or it may be nothing.  I've had bronchitis and the flu for 4 weeks and he said that what he's seeing in the CT may very well be related to that.

So, we put one foot in front of the other and move forward.  I have a 90 day reprieve from scans, which means my husband and I will actually get to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in March.  Two years ago, we didn't feel like celebrating because I was 2 weeks post-op.  Last year, I had a biopsy and a port placed on our anniversary.  

Susan,

Scanziety must be in high season!  

I really hated those nodules that would show then magically disappear after the next scan. Can’t recall how many of those suspenseful scans I had. For a while, I was getting one every other month!

Don't let anything get in the way of your wedding anniversary. Consider going somewhere warm. Southwest now has non-stops from Love Field to Puerto Rico. Old San Juan was not to badly effected and there are bargains galore. So maybe a anniversary getaway is in the cards. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Hi Susan,

I like your attitude-- a 90 day reprieve from scans is a good thing! I hope you can do something fun to celebrate your anniversary. A getaway to a warm place sounds great. If not that, I'm sure you can find something local. I know you won't waste those 90 days.

Bridget

Congrats on your upcoming 10th anniversary! May the love you two share overpower any anxiety that comes with the waiting game. ❤❤❤

I wasn't anxious about this scan and I'm oddly calm about whatever this nodule is.  I'm trying to train myself to realize that whether I worry or not, the results will not change.  I'm also reminding myself that we've knocked this back twice and can do it again if necessary.  In a different thread, Ethan likened it to "whack-a-mole".  I think that is the best description of fighting lung cancer I've seen thus far.

Since I've been posting here about having "probably three" nodules, I realized I don't recall what my scans showed originally.  I pulled out my folder of medical records and noticed that the original scan showed FOUR nodules--the baddie in my upper left lobe (or, if you prefer, the "renegade" nodule--it looked stable at first), as well as two nodules in my lower left lobe and one in the lower right lobe.  The  next scan, where the "renegade" nodule was first pegged as probable lung cancer, counted the same total of four, but the right side nodule was identified as being in the middle right lobe, not the lower.  And then the latest scan, from December of this year, shows only the two lower left lobe nodules.  So I'm not sure what the deal is with these appearing/disappearing nodules.  I should probably ask my oncologist.

Oh, and Susan, congrats on the anniversary!  Hoping you do something really memorable (heck, just staying married for 10 years qualifies as heroic these days!) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Susan,

I'm glad you're not feeling as anxious about the scan. The Serenity Prayer has been one of my favorites since I was in high school. I'm looking forward to hearing how you decide to celebrate your anniversary!

Your "Whack-A-Mole" analogy and Tom's "Beat It" comment put a smile on my face.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived