Returning new Cancer after 14 Years

Robert Macaulay

Hi, Robert, and welcome.  I'm so sorry you're having to go through another round of cancer treatments.  What kind of cancer did the biopsy show?  Is it lung cancer, as opposed to a metastasis from the laryngeal cancer?  What are your doctors recommending for treatment?

We have a great group of folks here with a lot of information, experience, and support to share.  I know there will be more along shortly--sometimes it's a little quiet on weekends.

21 minutes ago, LexieCat said:

Hi, Robert, and welcome.  I'm so sorry you're having to go through another round of cancer treatments.  What kind of cancer did the biopsy show?  Is it lung cancer, as opposed to a metastasis from the laryngeal cancer?  What are your doctors recommending for treatment?

We have a great group of folks here with a lot of information, experience, and support to share.  I know there will be more along shortly--sometimes it's a little quiet on weekends.

The intial thought is it is not connected and just got setup for lung test and blood work first week in Feb then intial consultations with two doctors following week with petscan that week also. That should determin the treatment as I have had radiation before  so that option maybe out.

Well, FWIW, if it's operable, and if you're a candidate for VATS (video-assisted thoracic surgery--laparascopic), surgery is not that bad.  I had a lobectomy (removal of upper left lobe) in July and I feel great--and because it was early stage, I don't need either chemo or radiation, just twice a year scans to make sure everything stays OK.  The PET/CT will give the doctors a better idea whether there's been any spread, and the lung function test will help determine whether you can tolerate surgery.

Hang in there, and do keep us posted.  Feel free to ask any questions.

2 hours ago, LexieCat said:

Well, FWIW, if it's operable, and if you're a candidate for VATS (video-assisted thoracic surgery--laparascopic), surgery is not that bad.  I had a lobectomy (removal of upper left lobe) in July and I feel great--and because it was early stage, I don't need either chemo or radiation, just twice a year scans to make sure everything stays OK.  The PET/CT will give the doctors a better idea whether there's been any spread, and the lung function test will help determine whether you can tolerate surgery.

Hang in there, and do keep us posted.  Feel free to ask any questions.

That is my thought also the last surgery lasted twelve hours but was great success. My only concern is I do not breathe now through my mouth and might come as surprise doing the lug function check may catch them off guard. I think myself I should be ok.

Hi, Robert.  It sounds like your medical team has a plan and is moving forward; that's good.  I'm sorry that you're having to deal with cancer again - it definitely stinks.  As you move forward, and feel like sharing with us, let us know about your treatment plan.  I'm sure there are many here who will share their experiences with you.  

1 hour ago, Susan Cornett said:

Hi, Robert.  It sounds like your medical team has a plan and is moving forward; that's good.  I'm sorry that you're having to deal with cancer again - it definitely stinks.  As you move forward, and feel like sharing with us, let us know about your treatment plan.  I'm sure there are many here who will share their experiences with you.  

Hi Susan  yes the plan is excellent and all was in place four days after I got the results.The first time everything was blur for me now it just falls into place even in different province were I now reside. 

Hi Robert, 

I just wanted to say welcome. NOt much to add to what LexieCat and Susan C said. This forum is a good place to get information, support and hope. Let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

23 minutes ago, BridgetO said:

Hi Robert, 

I just wanted to say welcome. NOt much to add to what LexieCat and Susan C said. This forum is a good place to get information, support and hope. Let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

TXS

Archived