Cough

Kimi

Hope everyone is doing well. My first scans since I finished radiation will be February 12th.  I am a little nervous!  I am sure this is normal!  I still have a cough that sounds terrible. I developed this after radiation.  Worries me!  

Kimi, 

Here's hoping to a good scan! I will be thinking of you!

It's not uncommon to develop a cough after radiation. Things can become inflamed and irritated. You still want to bring it up with your doc just in case something else is causing it. Just to be on the safe side.

Take care,

Steff

Kimi,

I had a cough during and for sometime after radiation also.  Try and limit your contact with people given the serious outbreak of the flu and of course, let you doctor know if the coughing changes.

Stay the course.

Tom

8 hours ago, Steff said:

Kimi, 

Here's hoping to a good scan! I will be thinking of you!

It's not uncommon to develop a cough after radiation. Things can become inflamed and irritated. You still want to bring it up with your doc just in case something else is causing it. Just to be on the safe side.

Take care,

Steff

Thank you Steff.  I think everything that goes wrong is because my cancer is back. I will be glad to get pass that!  Are you finished with your treatments?

7 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Kimi,

I had a cough during and for sometime after radiation also.  Try and limit your contact with people given the serious outbreak of the flu and of course, let you doctor know if the coughing changes.

Stay the course.

Tom

I am trying Tom. Hope all is going well for you.

Kimi- we immediately jump to the worse scenario too when something new pops up with my mom. She is on keytruda, so will be taking it until it stops working or can't handle the side effects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 1:34 PM, LaurenH said:

Hi, Kimi,

How are you? Just wanted to check in. Please post an update when you can.

We are here for you,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

I still have a cough.  My doctor said I had inflammation in my right lung from radiation.  My scan was otherwise good.  I was so happy!

Archived