What's your theme song?

Steff

Happy Monday!!

Sorry about the lack of FUN last week - it was a hectic one!

Bridget had a really great topic suggestion, so here it goes....

So many of us have a tag line, funny saying, theme song, etc when it comes to dealing with lung cancer.  Bridget says Tom Petty's "Waiting is the Hardest Part" is a great theme song. Tom suggests that Michael Jackson's "Beat It" is also a great theme song.  -both fit the bill very well!

Susan's doc calls the battle of dealing with mets as "Whack a mole".  And I've recently seen the roller coaster of emotions that accompanies cancer diagnosis called a psychological hurricane.

So, let's hear some more theme songs, aka's, metaphors, etc.  What do you call lung cancer or any part of diagnosis or treatment? What theme song runs through your head or what is a good theme song? If you were to write a book about your cancer experience, what would be its title?

Let's have some FUN with this!!

27 minutes ago, Steff said:

Happy Monday!!

Sorry about the lack of FUN last week - it was a hectic one!

Bridget had a really great topic suggestion, so here it goes....

So many of us have a tag line, funny saying, theme song, etc when it comes to dealing with lung cancer.  Bridget says Tom Petty's "Waiting is the Hardest Part" is a great theme song. Tom suggests that Michael Jackson's "Beat It" is also a great theme song.  -both fit the bill very well!

Susan's doc calls the battle of dealing with mets as "Whack a mole".  And I've recently seen the roller coaster of emotions that accompanies cancer diagnosis called a psychological hurricane.

So, let's hear some more theme songs, aka's, metaphors, etc.  What do you call lung cancer or any part of diagnosis or treatment? What theme song runs through your head or what is a good theme song? If you were to write a book about your cancer experience, what would be its title?

Let's have some FUN with this!!

Que Sera Sera  and  for me Back on the bus Gus.  lol

This afternoon I was sitting in a coffee shop (one of my favorite activities) when the song "Hold On" by Alabama Shakes came on. I've always liked it and now it seems  like a good cancer  survivor song especially if  I need to be dragged out of a dire mood.  I mostly stay positive, but those dire moods do happen oftener than I'd like. For me, I have to change the line in the song  that says " Didn't think I'd make it  to 22 years old" to "Didn't think I'd make it to 72 years old"  If you listen to it, be sure to get the one by Alabama Shakes--there are some completely different songs  of the same title by different people/groups.  A couple of verses:

So, bless my heart,
Bless my mind,
I got so much to do,
I ain't got much time
So, must be someone up above
Saying come on girl,
You got to get back up.
You got to hold on.
Yeah you got to hold on.

Yeah, you got to wait,
I don't wanna wait.
Well I don't wanna wait,
No I don't wanna wait.

Bridget O- 72 years old and still kicking. after 3 separate  primary cancers, Yay for me! And thanks to Steff for moderating Just for Fun.

Bridget - I haven't heard this song, I don't think.  I'm going to have to look it up! Thanks for sharing it!

This quite funny and happened to me today going to the clinic for my initial appointments.

I had just travelled down to Victoria about two hundred miles yesterday and parked my car at the hotel and the parking  was on slope so I decide to use the park brake. I had just got the car serviced.

Got into the car this morning to head to clinic about fifteen minutes and had never been there before I then heard these chimes and two red warning lights on the dash did not have my glasses on and every time I got stopped at the lights the chimes would stop so kept going and made it to the clinic and parked the car. Lifted the hood and all seemed ok.

Got to the clinic done the paperwork and the nurse came and took me in and checked my blood pressure and looked at me never said anything ,Five minutes later two nurses appear and take my blood pressure again and said it was sky high. So I then explained my situation coming to the clinic and that could explain it, The gave me a emergency call button and left.The doctor came in and I explained and she said you can get all your appointments today save coming back tomorrow as planned as I had booked into the hotel for two nights.

She explained everything and the other radiologist will come in and talk to me.Now I am thinking how I am going to get my car to the garage and the get to the hotel before checkout time and then get home .Finished and went back to the car checked no leaks started it up and had my glasses on and looked at the warning  it indicated my parking brake was on.  lol

Robert - I've been a victim of the emergency break a time or two! Glad to hear it wasn't anything major! Thanks so much for sharing!

Okay, I do have a song, but I need to preface this. I am a strong believer in God. And I certainly do believe that God is love. But early on in my faith I had a friend who used to say to me when times got tough, "The Marines ain't got nothin on God." I agree. My song is titled Hard Love and the band who does is is called Need To Breathe. I found that very appropriate for a lung cancer patient. Looks like the song is going to be in a movie based on The Shack. Wouldn't recommend that but still keeping the song. 

Judy M. 

Found this intresting never a big religious person but my parents always sent me to Sunday school back in Glasgow Scotland in the late fifties an we always sang this Hymn, Onward Christian Soldiers Marching off to war.  I did enjoy singing at the time.

For some unknown reason I began humming it this week and found it very inspirational and  you could change some words to reflect cancer victims. Many versions on You Tube.

Bob

Judy, I think someone should design a t-shirt that says "Lung Cancer: been there, done that, got the t-shirt" . 

But it wouldn't top Susan's that says" My Oncologist does my hair"

Bridget O

Bridget

No, it wouldn't. But I'd still like to have one of those. You and I could have special ones made. Cervical cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, been there, done that, got a closet full of T-shirts and ribbons to match. Speaking of ribbons, isn't it wild that someone chose ribbons to represent cancer when the majority of cancer patients have no hair? Just now thought of that. I'm really good at producing new types of cancer it seems-the talent no one wants. 

Judy M. 

• Steff unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I'm throwing my theme song - Fight Song by Rachel Platten.

From the chorus:

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Archived