Checking in

David Sevey

Hello All,

Just checking in, I have had 7 cycles with the Keytruda with no positive effects.  I went to Stanford last week and apparently, now I am a candidate for several Phase 1 trials that are starting up.

The oncology team stated that 99% of them have to do with immunotherapy, which my luck has been 50/50.  I did several cycles of the Optiva which worked great at first then almost killed me. I also did the Keytruda which had no effect.  I am at the point to where I am not even sure if I want to continue with treatment.  I have lost almost 50lbs in less than a month and that is with eating like crazy. 

Just needed to vent thank you all.

David

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear that the Keytruda didn't work for you.  I can see how the decision about Phase 1 trials is an aspecially hard one for you. Not having been there, I don't have anything much to offer. I wish you all the best, whatever that may turn out to be.

Bridget O

David,

By all means, vent away.

Lung cancer is indeed persistent.  I had fourth line treatment that finally resulted in my NED.  I also understand your weight loss.  During my chemotherapy, I didn't feel like eating anything and for a week after each infusion, whatever I ate seemed to want to leave me rapidly....

Stay the course.

Tom

David,

I think this is a perfect time to echo Tom's favorite line, "Stay the course!" I'm sorry it's been so frustrating, but there's always a chance that the next treatment could always be the one that yields the best results. The experts at Savor Health may be able to offer you some advice about your weight loss. Here's a link to get in touch with them if you're interested: https://www.lungevity.org/savor-health-nutrition-blog-questions 

And please let me know if you'd like more information about our additional support programs and resources.

We're here for you,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived