Why I haven't been "here".

DeanCarl

HOLY COW BATMAN !! --- GADZUKS!! --- ZUT ALORS!! --- WOW!!!

That's got to be the toughest thread I've ever had to read!! What we have here is an issue with meat on it. Something people can really sink there teeth into. The depth of caring, and sharing within this group has really become evident to me reading it all for the past half hour. I've always said what a caring bunch this is, but WOWWW !!!

I commend both Fay and Dean for saying it like it should be said, and I tip my hat to all who posted such thoughtful, in depth replies. Wow!

David P.

Dear Dean, I knew nothing of this site or the wonderful people here until Jan. the 10th when my step dad, Sam died. I watched his struggle with cancer. However, I am no writer, so I do not reply much, but I do read every day and often think the people here. Please know that there are people who care about you and how you feel, though they do not say it or post it. I'm sure I am not the only one who also feels this way. Thinking about you, Laura

Fay - I think anyone who has battled a chronic disease can understand your frustration over the medical care you are getting. I have the same problem with a non-cancer related lung disease that I have. I can especially relate to your frustrations about incorrect scan measurements and so on. I've experience the same inept medical personnell and "lost" files and reports, doctors not caring and/or giving incorrect information. I've even seen SOMEONE ELSE'S scans placed in my file by mistake! A patient literally has to stay on top of every single thing, which is a full time job and exhausting to say the least. It's painfully frustrating to have to fight a disease when you feel the people you are PAYING to help you, end up hurting you. Dean said it best when he wrote "And each of us had a couple of weeks where it seemed like we had daily battles with folks WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BATTLE WITH!" The medical community is supposed to be helping you and not making things worse. So your "rant" is understood by everyone here I'm sure.