Immunotherapy for SCLC

JoshK

This is the second part of my second phase of chemo. This phase is my first using a port. On both occasions with the port, however, I had an allergic reaction to Etoposide. Symptoms: red face, shortness of breath. Nurses ended both sessions and Dr is developing new plan. I did not have this reaction when chemo was administered by injection into my arm or hand. Unusual but serious occurrence I'm told.  Anyone else experience this?

Hi Golfman-

Thought you might be interested in watching the March 19th YouTube edition of the Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Living Room.  There was an update on immunotherapy in SCLC & one survivor shared her story.  Good information when you’re not dreaming about your swing. 

Michelle

• 2 months later...

My husband has smcl and he is in remission for the 2 Nd time. He is on tecentriq for maintence on his 7 th treatment. So far he is doing good. No bad side effects except being tired which is normal. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was diagnosed with sclc on Feb 14 and began chemo almost immediately. What was different. however, is that they included Tecentriq in all my chemo sessions, and I’ve begun Tecentriq infusions every 3 weeks since the end of chemo. My June scan showed no brain met and a clear lung! I’m very happy indeed!! I’ll continue my infusions and have periodic scans to look for the return of sclc, but for now I’m a happy guy 

• 1 year later...

My dad was diagnosed with SCLC in July. He did chemo and was given Tecentriq. The tumor in his lung shrunk dramatically however he now is having CNS issues (can't walk) due to severe dizziness, nausea, and vertigo. He is being told it is a rare side effect. They are now giving him steroids and an infusion of a lupus drug to try to counteract the side effects. We are desperate to get him walking again so he can be accepted to PT. Has anyone had this experience?

Archived