Show and Tell, the letter "O"

Steff

Happy 2nd week of April!!!

in our continuing search for some quick laughs and FUN, the 2nd week of April brings us to the 2nd letter of the word HOPE. So, let's focus our show-and-tell on the letter "O".  What/who do you have in your life, what do you love, what silly story do you have - that ties in with the letter "O"?  

Feel free to share a photo or just a story.  And if you didn't have a chance to share last week, check out last week's Show and Tell for the letter "H".

Opal! my paternal grandmother.  The older I get, the more I appreciate her. She was kind, loving, totally accepting. Despite being very poor, she was always welcoming to any number of  far-flung kids and grandkids  who were visiting. She could find space for one more in her one-bedroom house.There were beds in her enclosed front porch and wide hall, as well as the couch.  A board  between 2 chair could seat another kid at the table.    Until her death, she cared at home  for her disabled daughter, resisting pressures to send her someplace  where she'd be with "her own kind". She knew that "her own kind" was her family.  Grandma Opal has, as I've become older, a role model  for me. I only wish she was still alive so I could tell her how much I appreciated her.  But I'm an  old lady now and grandma would be over 120 years old  

Bridget O

I'm with Tom. Born and raised in Oklahoma and love it. And when the song says "where the wind comes sweeping down the plain" they aren't kidding. It does. Often at tornado speeds. And I also like the word Overcomers for the letter O. It applies to each and every one who has fought this disease. 

Judy M. 

O is for Ocean.  Jimmy Buffett's song "A Pirate Looks At Forty" has been my theme song long before I turned 40 (or ever thought of being a pirate!).  The song starts with "Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call".  If I am away from the ocean for too long, I hear her call.  From salmon and cod fishing with my dad to snorkeling with my mom, my fondest memories are with the ocean.

I have a "blue mind" too, Steff! https://www.cntraveler.com/story/why-being-near-water-really-does-make-us-happier

I'm going to choose the word optimistic. While I try to never ignore facts, I always like to focus on the positive aspects and outcomes of situations. I'm inspired by my uncle (Stage IV ALK+ dx 2011) who is also an optimist and chooses to always see the glass as "half full."

Thank you for always coming up with fun, engaging challenges in this forum!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager

• Steff unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived