Garth - New to this forum

Garth

Hi there.  New to Lungevity's site and this forum.  I just picked up my race materials for an upcoming New York Road Runners race, I saw that it is sponsored by Lungevity, and so I have now wasted the whole afternoon on-line reading up on the site :)

I am a patient.  Diagnosed on Sept 13, 2017 about 2 months after I turned 47, with S4 adenocarcinoma NSCLC.  After the diagnosis I went to Memorial Sloan-Kettering, where I am now a patient.  They reviewed the biopsy and determined that I am + for an EGFR mutation.  I've been on targeted therapy since October 2017.  After my initial treatments, which included surgery on a met and radiation, I've been doing pretty well and was able to return to running in about November of 2017.

I have a family that I love (especially my dear wife and two daughters) and I'll do my best to stay strong and get healthier for them and for myself.

That's my story in a nutshell.  

Hi Garth,

Welcome.  I am so happy to hear that your treatment plan is working out for you! It's great to hear that you are back to running too!  If you wish to share what targeted therapy you are receiving, there may be others that chime in to give and receive helpful info.   There is also a EGFR  discussion thread on the forum (Under the NSCLC thread) that you might want to check out.

Take Care,

Steff

Hi Garth,

Thanks for sharing your  story with us. I second everything Steff said! It's good to hear you're doing so well.  Please hang around on these forums. You  will be an inspriation for others. Also, be sure to let us know if there's any way we can support you.

Bridget O

Hi Garth.  

Diagnosed in Sept followed by treatment and running in November?

Wow, your amazing.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  

Donna G

Welcome Aboard Garth.

I'm delighted to hear targeted therapy is working for you.  These new therapies for lung cancer have been a game changer for many and am thankful research is starting to yield means and methods.  But there is still much to learn and discover.

Glad you are waiving the flag by running in a LUNGevity sponsored event and that you are well enough to run competitively.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived