Happy Monday!!!

Steff

Fun Steffanie is very tired today. I'm starting on my 2nd cup of tea in the hopes that I can gain some quick energy to make it through the work day (only 8 more hours to go!!!).  But no matter how tired I am, today is a beautiful day! I hope you all have a beautiful day today too!

Steff

• Steff unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I am fighting bronchitis while going through chemo treatments. I am finally coming out of a tunnel of a very dark time. Today is a beautiful day!

I actually forgot our online staff meeting today at 11--one of my colleagues chatted me and said, "Aren't you coming on?"  I told everybody I completely forgot what day it was, and they were incredulous, "How can you be forgetting it's MONDAY?"  

I didn't tell them I was busy posting a link to the SNL cold open and got distracted.  :)  

Hey, some things are more important than staff meetings!

I think I'm finally recovered from Hope Summit! Too much fun! I stayed in DC an extra 3 nights to sightsee and wore my feet (and brain) out going to galleries. I had in mind other things to do but there were some shows at the National Gallery that I kept going back to. And I find that I can't go through museums  all day long like I used to "in my youth" (before I was 60). my eyes get glazed over and I can"t absorb any more after a couple of hours . One nice thing about DC museums: all the national ones are FREE, so I can keep going back. 

I was worn out when I got home! Slept and lounged more than usual but back to my usual routine today. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Portland.  Happy Monday!

Bridget O

I just got tagged for a training in DC in October.  The training is on a Friday, so I'm thinking about staying over a couple of nights to do a bit of sightseeing.  Our HQ is in DC, but I rarely get down there and never have time to do the touristy stuff--it's been a good 30 years or so since I did it.  I've never been to any of the Smithsonian museums, and there are a few other places I'd like to visit.  I've got a vacation to Vietnam in November, so I'd like to visit the war memorial, among other things.

What! You live that close and you haven't been to the Smithsonian museums? You're really missing out on a good thing. If you get ready to go to the museums and galleries,  if you want, I can make some suggestions. 

Terrific!  That would be awesome.

LOL, I know--there are lots of places I figured I'd go when I moved to the East Coast in the early 80s--it wasn't until a training a few years ago that I ever got up to New England!

I generally get down to DC only for work-related stuff or the occasional event with colleagues down there (weddings, concerts, etc.), and it's usually down and back.  Would love some recommendations.  I'm not quite as big on art as I think you are--one gallery would probably be my limit--but I do love interesting exhibits.

Archived