Nausea / loss of appetite

Centerofme

I haven’t started any treatment yet but did anyone experience before they knew for sure if they had it  a terrible nausea when trying to eat and while I’d love to call it loss of appetite I also feel like I’m starving so I want food but when I try to eat I can’t really do it... like my body doesn’t want me to I instantly start to feel sick and like I can’t even swallow the bite.  Did anyone else feel this?  

Hi, Center,

I suspect it's just stress and worry.  I just saw your previous post and you mention that a nodule showed up on the x-ray and you're getting a CT scan soon.  If that's the case, I doubt that your loss of appetite is directly attributable to cancer (assuming your nodule turns out to be cancer).  

It's very hard, as you said, to wait while the tests are ordered, interpreted, etc.  One thing about nodules, though--they can be caused by many things, most of them NOT cancer.  Try to eat what you can--it's important to keep up your strength and immune system, regardless of what happens.

I agree with LexieCat that stress is a likely culprit in your nausea. Waiting for test results is really the pits. We've all been there and the stress can have a lot of different effects on the mind and body. Can you try something bland and soft or liquid? What's a comfort food for you? Chocolate milk? Oatmeal? Mashed potatoes? Anything you can manage will be a help. Also be sure to get plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. If you continue to have difficulty eating, I suggest you talk to your doctor. If there's not a physical cause, maybe you can be prescribed something short term for anxiety.  Hang in there!

Bridget O

My little brother just told me today he has LC ...I live in Texas he's in Indiana....he's lost 40lbs in a month...he said the nausea comes in waves...I'm at a loss

I ordered ginger candy from Amazon.com that helped soothe my stomach. I often start the morning with toast.....plain or with peanut butter or just honey....just to have something in my stomach before taking morning pills. On youtube.com, they have 5 minute meditation videos that helped me relax a bit. This is a tough journey, sharing with friends helped at times. Hugs to you.

Archived