Hello! I am new

Amelia Moon

I just started here...I was diagnosed Jan 4 ,2018 with stage 4 breast cancer that has gone to my bones and lungs.

I had breast cancer 9 years ago, I had a lumpectomy and radiation.   And now 9 years later it was back to my other breast. 

After a CT scan ( because I was scheduled for a double masectomy) they found cancer in my bones and both lungs.

I am on Ibrance for my lungs.  And zometa infusions for the bone cancer.  I am looking forward to read your stories.

Welcome Amelia,

I am very sorry to hear that your breast cancer has returned with vengeance.  

There are several folks here that have battled breast cancer as well as lung cancer, I am sure you will hear from them soon.

I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that we are here for you.  I love these forums, everyone is so supportive and helpful.

Take Care,

Steff

Amelia

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Jan. 2017. Also had lumpectomy and radiation. In Jan. of 2018 was diagnosed with lung cancer. My Oncologist immediately thought my breast cancer had gone to my lungs, but it had not. I have a primary lung cancer. After SBRT for my lung tumors and chemo mets were found in my left adrenal and left hip bone. They biopsied my adrenal and have gone on the assumption that the bone met is the same, lung cancer. Though without a biopsy I suppose it could be the breast cancer. Those who have bone mets seem to be rare on here, so glad to hear from you. Had radiation for my bone met that reduced my pain for a short time, but then it returned, Have recently had an ablation and cementoplasy on that met. I'm also receiving injections for the bone mets, but can't remember the name of the drug right now. So, my experience isn't exactly like yours, but we do have some things in common. 

Judy M. 

Hi Amelia,

I'm so sorry to hear that your breast cancer has metastasized to your bones and lungs.  Here's my cancer story. I also had breast cancer with lumpectomy and radiation, in 2008. Then I had a rare and advanced cervical/endometrial cancer in 2011. In 2016, in  a routine surveillance CT for the gyn cancer, a nodule was discovered in my right lung. It turned out to be a primary lung cancer and not a metastasis  from either of the others. Because it was found early, I needed only surgery and no other treatment. 

I wish you all the best with your treatment.

Bridget O

Hi, Amelia,

Welcome to LCSC. This site is a very good place to get information and connect with others who have similar experiences. Please feel free to explore the discussion boards, ask questions, and join conversations which resonate with you.

We are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived