LexieCat

Viewer discretion advised...

I downloaded this video shortly after my VATS surgery because I wanted to see how they DID that--get that whole lobe out of those tiny incisions.  

I don't find this video to be particularly gruesome--there's not a whole lot of blood, but those who get queasy looking at this sort of thing might prefer to pass on it.  I found it absolutely FASCINATING, personally.  I found it especially cool how they use those staplers that cut and suture the blood vessels at the same time.  

I love your inquiring mind. I also find this sort of thing fascinating and not disturbing. Will watch medical procedures on T. V. while my husband groans about how gross they are and asks me how I can stand to watch. Some must find it interesting else who would save our lives by actually doing these surgeries? 

Judy M. 

I had an open lobectomy but I found this video worth watching. I’m amazed at what surgeons can do. 

Wow Lexie...just watched this.  Normally like watching these types of videos, but like BridgetO I found myself holding my breath...probably personalizing it too much.  But knowledge is power even when it might be a bit uncomfortable.  Thanks for posting.

I was able to watch this before.  Just did.  No wonder that larger incision under my arm hurt more than the rest.