NSLC stage 4, EGFR+

Christina Martz

Hello, my name is Christina. I was diagnosed 11/2017 Adenocarcinoma stage 4 - both lungs, liver, brain and bone. I am 58 years old and never smoked. I first had whole brain radiation to control the 18 small lesions and then to one area of the brain. I started on Tarceva Late December. Have been managing the many side effects from the radiation and tarceva. It has been very difficult emotionally and physically. I'm trying to stay focused on today. It's a challenge.

Hi, Christina, and welcome to the forums!  

I'm not sure how many folks posting right now have experience with Tarceva, but then I have trouble keeping track of who's had which therapies.  You might want to also post on the "Introduce Yourself" forum--you might get more immediate responses there.  

Regardless of age, type/stage, smoking history (or not), dealing with lung cancer can be pretty daunting.  I was lucky enough to have mine caught at a very early stage, so surgery is (so far) all I've had to have in the way of treatment.  But even folks with different treatment regimens can be a great source of support, advice, and encouragement, so I hope you will make yourself at home and let us know how we can support you.  

Teri

• 9 months later...

Archived