Durvalumab

Robert Macaulay

Michelle,

My Nature doctor agrees so I'll get an IV of c on my off week..I'll post if I have an issue with it. Will I need a ride home from the infusion?

Tomm

Hi Tomm

Unless you have an unexpected reaction you should be able to drive.  Probably not a bad idea to ride with someone for the first time.  I pray all goes well for you! 

Michelle

As I sit here in front of my inside portal to the outside world with eyelids swollen, looking like I just went at least three rounds with Apollo Creed two words come to mind: "Adrian!  Adrian!" A little attempted humor there.

Barb,

Couldn't say for sure, isn't one of those well known side effects of imfinzi as far as I can tell.  Ibuprofen brings the swelling down a lot so this denotes Inflammation of the eyelids that resembles an allergy. I will probably set an eye appt. to get looked at to find out if there is  an effusion or anything serious going on. No pain though and appears to be only eyelid and not eyeball protrusion but I guess better safe than sorry........Charles

Hopefully it’s unrelated. I don’t know about Florida but Georgia’s pollen counts have been off the charts for weeks. Allergies are a pain. Hope you get over it quickly. Stay strong 

I just got my 1st Duva infusion with no issues or side effects.  My doctor does not want me to take the 50 grams of Vit C in an IV..not enough know about interactions of these. 

Just at the pulmonologist, putting me on prednisone for the inflammation which he is calling radiation pneumonitis. Can you be on prednisone and take the Durvalumab?  Thanks to you knowledgeable gents. 

1 hour ago, Barb1260 said:

Just at the pulmonologist, putting me on prednisone for the inflammation which he is calling radiation pneumonitis. Can you be on prednisone and take the Durvalumab?  Thanks to you knowledgeable gents. 

Yes but depends on the dosage, The doctor will advise you prior to your infusion? as Durvalumab  does cause inflamation i can assure you of that i ended up in ER last December and nearly got Predisone but they decided to hold off.

4 hours ago, Barb1260 said:

Hi Robert. Thank you. I will discuss on Thursday. How are you doing?  Still on it?

Yes i go for #17 on the 24th and ct scan on the 30th and doctors appt on 3rd then oncologist on May-10, So if i get #18 everything must be ok?

4 hours ago, Barb1260 said:

Just at the pulmonologist, putting me on prednisone for the inflammation which he is calling radiation pneumonitis. Can you be on prednisone and take the Durvalumab?  Thanks to you knowledgeable gents. 

Hi Barb and fellow Duva's ... this link is to the home page of Duva for patients to get information or sign up for a guide with them   https://www.lighthouseprogram.com/about/why-lighthouse   they also have information on finance help and should  be able to answer your prrednisone question.

1 hour ago, Charles said:

Barb,

Sorry to hear about the pneumonitis. Charles

Thanks Charles. It’s very minor, asymptomatic. Doing the 2 steps forward one step back dance seems to be the norm with my treatment. Just want to get on with it. 

17 hours ago, Barb1260 said:

Hey Barb- 

Well that pretty much sucks! Hopefully the prednisone does the job quickly.   Jersey Strong!

Michelle

At least they caught it before the onset of any symptoms.  Should make this more manageable until the next curve ball.  I’m seven months into this now & just when I think I’ve got a handle on it- whammy! 

Learning to be more like Que Sera Bob...🥴

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.