Durvalumab

Robert Macaulay

28 minutes ago, Barb1260 said:

Hi Tom  I plan to do just that. Getting it pumped in now  and lo and behold no allergic reaction -yay!!!

Barb- I just got a funny visual of you doing an in the air fist pump in the chair....  LOL. 

Barb,

be ever vigilant to all inflammation problems at first, coughing and fatigue for me worsens then subsides, worsens then subsides etc. but always seem to be there and get worse for me during stress, and activities especially on bad lung days or days I believe to be my side effect hit days after infusions. Also, if someone is around you who will do it and you can trust, give them instructions on what to do if a side effect hits that completely debilitates you (GOD FORBID!) 911, driving you to the E.R. or assistance with things like dizziness, light headeness and preparing meals with plenty of vegetables and fruits, but very much get well aquainted with all the known side effects, inflammation that debilitates you is not minor, if you are in pain for more than a couple days go get checked out . If you have a computer or phone filing system, start a file and entitle it something like "Durvalumab stuff" then  google Durvalumab side effects and download information, pdf's and all the information you may find that is helpful to make you feel better about the knowledge you gain about this drug and yourself. Get to know this drug and it's possible side effects because it will get to know you if it works, And most of all  PRAY, then take a deep breath and bask in the well being of knowing and believing that you are doing all you can do to help the drug find it's target and do it's job. This is basically how I do it and it has worked for me, a prepared and well armed soldier wins more battles, Hope I haven't insulted your intelligence or anything but these are the things I wish my Onc. and Primary care provider would have told me after my first infusion. Congrats on #1 and keep your chin up fellow Durvy........Charles

DHey Charles. Thanks for all the knowledge and not insulted at all. Only thing the Onc’s office told me was watch for colitis symptoms, shortness of breath and coughing and anything new. So I’ll be vigilant. Planning on joining the lighthouse tonight and reading up on it all. 

Barb,

glad to hear your doing OK with 1st infusion.. please update if you have any side effects and I hope others will tell us if they have side effects..

enjoy the weekend

Hi Tomm. I’m a little tired but nothing out of the ordinary. Having a little stomach issue today but not sure if it’s related. Could be the huge slice of pepperoni pizza I had last night. Greasy food sometimes gets me so I’ll see how I feel tomorrow. Hope you get over the fatigue fast. 

I wanted a local craft beer...peanut butter and chocolate but I read that no alcohol is allowed with drug

• 2 weeks later...

was going to post this yesterday but forgot,

went for #7 on tuesday and infusion was postponed for a week, the post fight Rocky Balboa look with the echoey head thing been happening for a month and a half and Onc and I agreed to try prednisone 20's (2nd time on Imfinzi, different S.E.) for a few days to see if I could get some relief before we get back at it. Also go for chest ct scan with contrast friday, THEN #7  next Tues. Hoping and praying for the best, Good luck Barb on #2

Hi Barb,

I just got fatigue but  maybe it's left over from chemo. I get infusion #3 tomorrow, hope your goes will too. 

Charles .. so sorry to hear your still dealing with side effects. Did you get side effects with chemo/radiation?

infusion #3 yesterday.. I had a low grade fever and my thyroid is off, I did some research and found this link.  I also got a case of fatigue.  I think we all need to monitor our thyroid.

Thyroid dysfunctions secondary to cancer immunotherapy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5953760/

enjoy the season

Tomm-#2 yesterday. I was fine until mid morning today and the fatigue came on suddenly. Right now I could use a nap but that won’t go over well with my boss. What are they doing for your thyroid? And is a fever a side effect?  And no matter how much I eat I am always hungry. 

fever gone..  I asked the oncology doc about my thyroid and he told me to see whoever takes care of that. I have  a naturopathic physician and she is changing my  dose.  I found out that  about 2 years after chemo there can be a thyroid issue and i was already on a small dose but now my numbers are more out of normal so will adjust.

Just got my chest CT Scan and disk and popped the disk in the old PC and it does appear that we do have pretty good shrinkage, just how much I don't know exactly but it is definately smaller in volume and shape. will know more when I get the report from the radiologist as to the particulars but the thing is ragged and tattered looking and smaller .This to me makes taking the Durvalumab with side effects worth it at this time. Now I just hope no new mets or anything or plueral effusions but won't know for sure until after the reports but lungs actually feel better than they have in a couple years. So hallejuhah for now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.