Durvalumab

Robert Macaulay

Kleo,

I was asking because I have been told that the 5 new nodules in my lower right lobe are too small to biopsy. I was curious about the size of yours. Sure wish there was a way to keep these nodules from popping up..How are you doing otherwise? You and Bob certainly have a great sense of humor!!

Ro

1 hour ago, Rower Michelle said:

Yay for the sample size!  Takes a few weeks for the biomarker tests to come back.   That testing is a game changer.  Stay on top of the insurance coverage for it.  I’ve been appealing my Foundation One testing for a month.  Wasn’t cheap but totally worth it!  

Took ~2 weeks for my biomarker test to come back.  Absolutely a game changer for me.  I take a Tagrisso pill once a day since I am EGFR.  No more infusions since Tagrisso started and my port is being removed next week.  This is working for me.  I pray you get the right treatment to fight your mutation.

Biomarker test was done on my fluid from the thoracentisis.  It was essentially blood.

BTW - I would ask for a bronchoscopy to check to make sure your lymph nodes are normal.  Thats what they biopsied the first time for me.  They didn’t make it to the small nodule that they were after because the lymph node looked abnormal.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 🌲🎅🏻☃️❄️

🦅

Roz...that's exactly why I asked the doc about it. They didn't mention the size of this in the pet scan-the active node that they are going to biopsy- so I wondered if it was big enough that they could get a sample from it. I guess it is! 🤨

Sooo...who has had the needle biopsy on a lung? Doesn't that puncture your lung though? Wonder which way they'll go in....front or back? Guess whichever way is closest..? Will they knock me out? Yikes.....this is some freaky stuff.

Please let em knock me out... LOL 

5 hours ago, Kleo said:

Roz...that's exactly why I asked the doc about it. They didn't mention the size of this in the pet scan-the active node that they are going to biopsy- so I wondered if it was big enough that they could get a sample from it. I guess it is! 🤨

Sooo...who has had the needle biopsy on a lung? Doesn't that puncture your lung though? Wonder which way they'll go in....front or back? Guess whichever way is closest..? Will they knock me out? Yikes.....this is some freaky stuff.

Please let em knock me out... LOL 

Kleo- I had 4 thoracentisis procedures that involved a large needle stuck through my back into the pleura around my left lung.  They drained over 6 liters of fluid from my left lung through these.  They did a local anesthesia each time.  I watched the procedure on the sonogram live.  The initial stick was similar to the stick for bloodwork.  It was surprisingly non-eventful.   

I suspect the needle biopsy will be similar and actually less of an event.  I’m sure they will give you a lidacane shot to numb the area that will actually hurt worse than the procedure. 🙂

🦅

Kleo,

I had a bunch of different procedures done before my two surgeries. The first was a bronchoscopy, the next was a transthoracic lung biopsy where you are basically awake enough so they can give you directions, but you don't really feel anything, and then and endobronchoscopy where they go in with the navigational type camera..I think they were all considered day surgery procedures..So, I don't think I've experience the needle biopsy yet. I'll be waiting to here from you about what that experience is like..

Take care,

Ro

I had the bronchoscopy. They knocked me out for that. I had the fentanyl for the port installation. I was awake... or so I thought...for that. Really I must've passed out because it was like I laid down, the put a blue drape over me.... and the guy said...ok you're done. Huh? But I barely got on the table! LOL

Ok....OWWWWWW! That one hurt!  And even though I was on all the drugs...I still said...OWWWWW. LOL Felt like I was in Pulp Fiction where they stab Uma in the chest.😯

Doc just put me on steroids...my whole shoulder and arm are on fire now. Plus my chest where they stabbed me with the needle!! Didn't sleep much last night. Everything hurts. 

Oh and biopsy results are in...negative. Not cancerous. 😀 

That’s great news about your results, Kleo! We’re sorry you had to go through such a traumatic experience though! Thank you for sharing your good news. We hope you have a very Happy New Year!

With gratitude,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.