Scam Alert

Susan Cornett

I received a private message from a user claiming to be a dying widow who wants to donate her money to a good cause.  As luck would have it, she's in Liberia but I can reach out to her lawyer who has some gmail address (as all lawyers do).  The user name is Mrs Sue Saunders. 

This user was blocked but please be wary of this scam. 

I got the same message, and assume there may have been others here.  This is unequivocally a scam--the only person "donating" any money will be you, and I can guarantee it would not be going to a good cause.

Darn, I didn't get the message from Mrs Sue Sanders. I guess I'm not a good cause! Just kidding of course. Thank you Susan C for the heads up.

Bridget 

I did not receive a message. Perhaps they found that I work in social work, so obviously I have no money to be scammed out of! lol

Well, Steff, I'm retired from cocial services, so obviously I have less money than you, even.  It proves it's a scam.If it were legit, we'd probably be considered really deseerving. LOL

This user has been banned. Thank you to our wonderful moderators for taking swift action and alerting LUNGevity to the scam. We appreciate all you do for this community!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived