SBRT

Susan Cornett

I started SBRT yesterday.  I'm scheduled to have two more sessions.  The way Super Radiation Doc explained it is that I basically receive the equivalent of 10 days of "normal" radiation in one session, with a very precise target.  When I had traditional radiation last year, I had one minor burn but the fatigue got me.  Anyone experience fatigue with the SBRT?  I finish next week, and leave for vacation at the end of the week.  A beach is the best place to recover. 😀

By the way, apologies for not being around here much lately.  In addition to the ongoing cancer appointments, scans, labs, etc. , we are swamped at work (which is a good thing) so my focus is elsewhere these days.  I think about you all daily, though. 

Happy to hear SBRT got started for you! And I completely agree, there is no better place to recover than the beach!  I hope your next 2 sessions are uneventful!

Take Care,

Steff

Susan,

My SBRT treatment was also delivered over 3 days.  No side effects at all.  The only affect was hearing millions of cancer cells screaming as they were fried by the gamma rays!  But, the noise of my celebration drowned out the screams... Looks like a auto paint robot doesn't it!  Did you get your choice of music to listen to?

Stay the course.

Tom

I did not get any music.  Wish I had - almost fell asleep but I'm so scared to fall asleep and jerk or move and lose that precise positioning.  I've had no less than 2 emails from my mom and 2 calls from my director today checking on me.  I think they're expecting me to answer the phone half-asleep.   

Susan,

Best of luck with the treatment and zapping away the cancer!!

Enjoy your beach vacation afterwards. I totally agree that it's the best place to recover!!

Be well,

Ro

LexieCat - no, headed to the gulf side of Florida, but we have friends joining us from NC.  They live well inland but two of them work for Duke Power so their trip may be impacted. I heard the storm was downgraded again - hoping it doesn't spin offshore and gain strength again.

• 1 month later...

The SBRT did what it was supposed to do; my nodule decreased in size from 11 mm to 7 mm. In my mind, I guess I thought it would go away altogether, but that's not the case. Super Radiation Doc also told me to think of the decrease in size in 3D, not linear, and that the decrease in size is very good.  So now we wait and scan again in January.

Archived