Shelkay1

Lobectomy Tomorrow

Having a plan is a good thing!  Also, for me at least, having an explanation for ;discomfort or just weird sensations helps me feel better. Keep us up to date on how your doing with your treatment.

Shelby ~ Again, I must applaud yu for being so honest here with your experience and feelings. You are always "up" and positive - that is obviously carrying you far!  Of course, I read your posts and worry what my own outcome will be (yes, selfish, but can't help it!), but I thank you for your posts and am rooting for you daily.  I hope the pain does diminish soon. You sound like you have a good plan for treatment.  Just want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you. You've been a real sweetheart.  I have less than 5 days for my lobectomy and I don't think I'll be any where near as positive and upbeat as you have been... Bless your heart! Keep it up! 

Thanks everyone, it is good to have a plan, even if I would have much preferred to have never needed this one. ColleenRae, most of my life, even when I was making stupid choices, I still chose to be positive. There are still so many things I'm looking forward to in this life & since I'm not giving up, I'm going to continue. There may be days in my future I'll need reminded of this & then I expect you all to be there to pull me back up. You will be fine! Plan ahead for what you can, keep your mind & body busy with positive things, ask for help when you need it & when someone offers help accept it. Stay active on here & let us know what's happening.

Shelkay1-I had the same cocktail...4 rounds . Once every 3 weeks....Cisplatin and Alimta. I didn't lose my hair! 😄

I had lower left lung removed Aug 31st and was staged at T3N0M0...started with thinking tumor was 3.3cm and ended up with 5.9cm which pushed me to Stage 2...I have opted out of chemo mostly due to the fact that I have been told all Lymph Nodes and margins were negative.  I work with children and planning on returning to work Oct 8th....sick time for the kids.  In my walk with Christ I feel opting out of chemo at this time was the best decision.  Any thoughts are welcomed.  New to this so forgive any mishaps along the way.

Update as promised - today we did meet with my next doctor, a radiation oncologist. She had met with the pulmonary oncology team Tuesday afternoon and they all agree radiation should be included as part of the plan. Due to the side affects of chemo, we will be waiting until it is completed & my body has had a few weeks to recover before starting. The radiation itself will take 5-7 weeks, every weekday (25-35 treatments). Prior to the treatments, I'll have 3 appointments to get ready - a CT scan, getting fitted with a body mold & then a trial run to make sure they get the exact positioning. I'm hoping they can get the actual radiation started by early February; I'll be way beyond ready to have this all done & behind me.
I'll update when I have anything new to share; at this time I just need to rest & heal from the lobectomy.

Hi, Shelby,

Thank you for posting an update! We're glad you have a plan in place. We hope you have a swift recovery and that you can get lots of rest!

We are here for you,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation