New caregiver, stage 4

PatC

Hi,

I am the caregiver to my ex husband/friend /father of our 19 year old son.  He was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer in late July, with mets to the bone (one tumor on sacrum)  and brain (one very small  <1cm tumor).

After 2 rounds of chemo he was switched to immunotherapy (Keytruda) since he has been found to have a very hi level (<95%) of PD-L1.

We are just beginning our journey with this whole new world and I'm looking for a supportive community to join.

Pat

Hi, Pat, and welcome!  I have a similarly friendly relationship with my kiddos' dad--he is my emergency medical person, and I stay with him and his wife when I go visit my kids (30 and 32, almost).  

We have quite a few folks doing great with Keytruda.  I happen to be lucky enough to be early stage, so my treatment has consisted of surgery and surveillance.  

Glad you found us--this is a great place for support.

Pat,

Welcome Pat. Sorry to hear about your ex but glad you found us. My mom is one of those people that Lexie is referring to...Keytruda being successful in treating advanced stage lung cancer.  My mom has been on Keytruda for a year for a NSCLC adenocarcinoma recurrence. She has no Mets (that we know of, knock on wood) and tests for ove 90% positive for PD-L1. Side effects are manageable with severe itchy skin being the worst of it. 

We are so very thankful for immunotherapy.  It has helped so many people, my mom included. I came to this site looking for hope and found it not only in the great folks here, but also by looking at my mom. There is hope.

Archived