New

Quilter

Not sure what you are taking for pain or how often etc... I do know often I transported pts as a medic to hospital for pain control. Sometimes it is just wrong meds for that pt. Sometimes it is wrong dosage to control pain. But most of the time it is cause the pt waits until pain is very bad then tries to medicate. We call that "chasing the pain" cause then one is trying to play catch up to the pain. Best to take meds on schedule to head pain off. I had kidneys stone this weekend. Went to hospital and they gave me 10 of ketoralac.  That was a joke. Gave 20 in total of morphine with no result. After three hours of constant pain I was going to sign out. They then gave me  30 ketoralac.  Worked great. I went to sleep. 10 then maintained the pain fine. Easier to maintain pain than to get it under control. Not sure if that helps at all. But do wish you the very best of luck and hope your pain is controlled better. Prayers and love your way. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you describe the painn (location, sharp/dull/ continuious/intermittent, etc) and anything you know about the reason for it? And what's been tried?Then forum membes may have some thoughts on it.In the meantime, hang in there!

It is where the tube ws in the front chest.  It is kind of a continuous pain worsned by coughing..  my skin hurts there but the gabapentin does not help.  I am tking tramadrol for pain with no relief.] I have tried vicoden  well.

Today is 3 weeks since surgery...when will the pian subside.  It is constnt with or without pain med. Doing the exercises and walking.no appetite i suppose due to pin meds.   Anyone else experience this much pain

14 hours ago, Quilter said:

Today is 3 weeks since surgery...when will the pian subside.  It is constnt with or without pain med. Doing the exercises and walking.no appetite i suppose due to pin meds.   Anyone else experience this much pain

I had my surgery October 5th and still experience numbness and pain at times with the ribs under my breast. I don’t understand it but it has gotten better with time. 

I hope you experience relief soon. 

Take Care

Paula

Archived