Scans and such

Roz

So I had my CT scan today and sounds like good news. My doc did mention that two nodules that they saw three months ago had increased in size by a few mm...other nodules were not increased in size..but due to my history, they feel like they should keep doing my CT scans every 3 moths..so, I'm NED for now and optimistic that in 3 months those nodules will not grow..

Thanks everyone for your support..I didn't know where to post this update!!

Ro

From what I hear, nodules sometimes look a little different in size depending on the angle of the CT.  A few mm would seem to be within that range.  

Happy to hear it!

LexieCat,

You just reduced my anxiety by 100%. It always throws me for a loop when my doctor seems unsure.

I know there is no way to be sure, but she did mention something about the way they slice the scan, etc. I just hope those things don't grow any more, but nothing I can do but wait.

Thanks for being there! It really helps!!!

Ro

Apparently, I'm not NED...after my oncologist weighed in on the CT scan, they are saying they are not sure.

It could be infection, or inflammation, or a recurrence. But since there were 3 new nodules and growth in two nodules from 3 mm to 6 mm, they are not saying NED..

So, I go back in 3 months and hope there is no growth and nothing new in the nodule department. These are located in my lower right lobe. 

Hanging in there!!

Ro

I hate this "not sure" stuff. Let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best possible results in 3 months. Envision disappearing nodules. In the meantime, do some fun things.

Bridget

OK, so all they are really saying is that they can't say for sure.  Disappointing, but not bad news, either--hopefully you'll get more definite good news at the next scan.

Ros,

I hate the not sure nonsense also. I had lots of experience. The important thing is your doctors are tracking sizes and locations now. As your CT library gets larger, their understanding about what is going on increases. 

Hang in there. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Thanks everyone! I know that my mutation (KRAS) also has a high chance of recurrence but they were hopeful that since all the disease was resected, and then with chemo (which hasn't been proven effective with my type of cancer), that maybe it would stay away. I'm envisioning shrinking nodules every day..We'll see if that works.

Take care!!

Ro

Archived