Hello Lungevity Forums, New Member Here!

Michele M.

Hello Lungevity Forums, my name is Michele. I was diagnosed with limited SCLC on June 15th 2018 and finished chemo/radiation August 31, with a near complete response. I had a very difficult time with treatment and as a result my oncologist is not recommending PCI (prophylactic cranial irradiation) but my radiologist is advising that I do. I’m terrified of further radiation and the permanent side effects. Im meeting with another hospital next week for a second opinion regarding PCI and welcome any thoughts, opinions or experiences here on the matter. Thanks for listening.

Hi Michele and welcome, 

I don't have any experience with PCI. I hope that some members who have had it will respond with their experience,  It's good that you're getting another opinion. Hang in there!

Bridget O

Hi, Michele,

Welcome from me, too!  I don't have any experience along those lines to share, either (I was early stage NSCLC), but just wanted to welcome you--glad you found us.

Hello Michelle.  My name is Joy and my mom had vats surgery 10 days ago.  Her nodule was diagnosed as small cell.  We're busy doing research.  What I've read about PCI is scary in that there could be permanent hair loss.  But since mom is 70 years old she doesn't care about that.  We're more afraid of mets to her brain so she wants it done.  Having said that she's scheduled to see her oncologist this Wednesday.  Our journey is just starting.  I'm glad your treatment is over.      Best wishes,  Joy

Archived