Small cell lung cancer help

Lar

I was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer Nov 2017. I was responding well to chemotherapy. I suffered a heart attack in March 2018. I continued chemotherapy six weeks after heart attack but this time with chest discomfort. My doc immediately stopped my chemo treatment due to the damage effect on my heart. He said chemo will cause more damage to my heart and most likely have poor outcome. I am 59 years old with two kids and a wife. My kids are 15 and 20. I will become a first time grandfather in February 2019. I feel sad, depressed, and hopeless. Is there anyone in the same situation as me and are survivors. Thanks 

Lar I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. My husband has small cell .He was in remission for a year .6 months after treatments he had a dephiberator pace maker put in. His cancer just came back and goes in for treatment this week. I hope it doesn't make his heart weaker he has a fraction rate at 30. I'll let u know. I hope u are doing well. Are you in limited stage? Are you in remission?  

Hi, Lar,

We’re glad you found us. I will reach out to members of our community who have experience navigating a SCLC diagnosis and ask them to respond in this thread. In the meantime, please let me know if you would like additional information about LUNGevity’s support programs and resources. We are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2018 at 12:02 AM, Michele said:

Lar I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. My husband has small cell .He was in remission for a year .6 months after treatments he had a dephiberator pace maker put in. His cancer just came back and goes in for treatment this week. I hope it doesn't make his heart weaker he has a fraction rate at 30. I'll let u know. I hope u are doing well. Are you in limited stage? Are you in remission?  

I am new to this forum and just want to tell you that you are not alone in your battle. My husband went through chemo and brain radiation for small cell lung cancer stage 4. 

1 minute ago, Sunny Harris said:

I am new to this forum and just want to tell you that you are not alone in your battle. My husband went through chemo and brain radiation for small cell lung cancer stage 4. 

Archived